*.*.*.*.*-

"What is a freshly got-together couple without some matching jewellery?" Kai told him when he picked him up from work one afternoon. Then he pulled him to the nearest shopping centre to go look through jewellery shops. Cole did not know how to feel when they ended up in one where they were surrounded by teenagers. They could be probably twice the age of some of the kids there but Kai did not seem to mind as they showed Cole the funniest finds.

"Next step: getting your face tattooed all over my back."

Cole burst out laughing, hiding his face in his hands. "Please don't do that."

"Wait." Kai put on a serious face. "You're telling me I shouldn't have done that?"

Cole punched him on the shoulder, breaking Kai's serious expression. "You're an idiot."

After some more searching, Kai sighed and put the product he was holding back to its place. "These are so underwhelming. The best ones were the peanut butter jelly necklaces and I don't like peanut butter that much."

"Aw, look at this one," Cole said, handing Kai a keychain. "This one's romantic."

"I don't like your tone, it's going to be something stupid, isn't it?"

"I love how much you trust me."

Kai gave him another wary look before looking into his palm, reading the engraved text. A chuckle escaped their lips and they handed it back to Cole. "Lovely."

"I don't know what's so funny, it's just wishing you a nice day." But Kai didn't get a chance to respond with anything because another product caught Cole's eye and he rushed to get to it. Kai followed, curiosity sparking.

"Did you find something good?"

"I found something perfect," Cole replied, putting a necklace around Kai's neck. They took a look at the charm the moment Cole let go.

"It's just a little sun?"

"Yeah! Because you're my sunshine." Cole grinned at him - beamed like a sun itself. He watched Kai fight a smile of his own and look down.

"Did you have to do this in front of the kids? I'm supposed to be a cool adult."

Cole shoved his shoulder gently. "Too bad, you're my sun, no cool adultism for you."

"Are you calling me hot?" Kai raised an eyebrow.

"Hmm, I guess I am." Grabbing their hands, Cole pulled Kai closer. The shop was small, so they were already forced to stand close as to not take up too much space between the aisles.

"Aww, you shouldn't have." Kai pulled him even closer, giving him a kiss. "This is still kind of disappointing though."

"We can make our own if you want this so much."

"You know how to make jewellery?"

Shrugging, Cole said nonchalantly, "I've got some tricks up my sleeve."

Kai shook his head with a smile. "Mr Brookstone, you never fail to amaze me."

"Thanks, I try."

So maybe their little shopping hunt wasn't as successful as expected, however, any time spent with Kai was a good time and neither of them could really complain, even if they didn't get anything perfect enough to show off their blossoming relationship.