*.*.***

Kai went for a hug the moment he opened the door. Which Cole didn't mind, of course, but his hands were full.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Come in, I'm starving."

"Well, then it's good thing I'm such a great knight in shining armor with bags of food." Cole walked in, closing the door behind himself without taking his eyes off Kai, who decided to steal the bags from him. "Jeez, you're like a piraňa."

"I said I'm starving!" Kai defended himself, setting the bags on the dining table. "I haven't eaten since lunch."

"Well, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but..." Kai was quick to look back at him. They looked like a walrus with the fries sticking out of their mouth. "We'll have to have another little delay."

"What? Why? Don't do this to me, Brookstone, or my stomach will unleash a monster."

Cole laughed. "That sounds disgusting."

"No, I mean it's literally roaring in there and it will not hesitate to eat you alive if you don't hurry up."

"All right." Reaching into his pocket, Cole pulled out a pair of keys. He shook them, making them jingle, then threw them to Kai. "These are yours."

"Wait–"

"To my place. I figured since we spend so much time together, why not? At least now I don't have to listen to that stupid doorbell."

"Are you serious?"

"No, give them back." Cole advanced but Kai dodged him without an issue.

"No take backsies!" Then he put the keys into his pocket and ran out of the room. Cole decided to unpack the food while waiting. He didn't ask anything but the constant rustling that filled the place told him Kai was probably looking for something. Or worse, the monster was being unleashed and the whole building was going to become a dragon's den.

"I got it!" Kai ran back in, coming to a stop barely a step away from Cole. "Fair trade or something, you know." He put his own keys into Cole's hand, holding it close. Cole watched them as they stared at their hands before he leaned in. It was almost like a déjà vu when Kai pulled away with a smile. And before he could say anything, it was Kai who managed to steal a kiss.

"Damn it, Kai, will you for once let me kiss you?"

"Not when you're being so slow."

"I'm being slow?"

"Yeah. Slow as a sloth." Before Cole could even blink, Kai gave him another peck on the lips and all he could do was groan.

"You're so annoying."

"Oh, my bad, Mr Sloth Slowstone."

"That's it!" Kai tried to run away again but thanks to their hands being so close, Cole had no problem catching him and spinning him back into his arms. Neither of them registered as the keys fell to the ground when Cole finally got to cup his face and kiss Kai on his own accord.