.*.*-*.*

Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Kai walked into the kitchen, only to flinch and hold back a yell when his sister greeted him out of the blue. She ignored his startled reaction and smirked at him.

"Jesus, can you for once let me know you're coming over?"

"I did. You didn't respond."

They scoffed, walking over to the coffee machine. "Why do you have to be here so early? Do you not sleep at all?"

"Um... it's almost noon," she replied, making Kai check the time to see that she was right. He muttered something under his breath in dissatisfaction. "I woke up at nine."

"Whatever... What do you want?"

"How's Lloyd? He had to cancel our plans because of his internship so I didn't get much of a chance to see him."

"He actually thinks there will be a new spot coming up so he's really focused on making an impression."

"He's so old... that's terrible."

"Tell me about it."

Kai took one of the mugs from his cupboard and put it aside. Meanwhile, Nya walked closer and observed the sink.

"That's a lot of dishes just for you," she commented but Kai wasn't going to tell her anything. Purely out of spite for scaring him like that. He just hummed and continued preparing a coffee.

"Anyway, what did he think about Cole?"

Kai scoffed, unable not to laugh at the memory. "Says he's a cheater."

"Oh, I see." She thought for a while before tapping him on his shoulder as if he wasn't already paying her enough attention. "You know what? We should do a game night again, we haven't done one for a long time. And he can get to know Cole better. You know, let him warm up to him."

"Nya–" They turned to her, expression filled with disbelief. "Do you seriously not remember how all of our game nights go?"

"It'll be different this time, I swear. We're all responsible grownups, you know?"

Kai scoffed again.

"Just think about it, okay?"

"Sure."

"Good morning." Cole walked in, yawning. Kai would've enjoyed how he looked if it wasn't for Nya, whose reaction was too funny for him not to smile.

"Morning," she replied absent-mindedly before doing a double take, gaping at him as he sat down at the table, completely oblivious to her bewilderment.

"Noon," Nya exclaimed. "Kai!" She turned back to him, slapping his upper arm with the back of her hand. "Do you seriously have to sleep with men every time I come here?"

Kai counted on his fingers. "First of all, it's one man, second of all, it's you who always comes unannounced." He picked up the mug with fresh coffee and walked over to Cole, putting it on the table in front of him. "Third of all, shut up."

Nya gasped in offence but forgot about it once she noticed how softly the two looked at each other and how Kai intertwined their pinkies and she wondered to herself, how in the hell did that happen, how did Cole find his way into Kai's heart so easily.

She needed to speak to Lloyd as soon as possible because even despite his exaggerated carefulness, there was simply no way he could think this guy could ever be bad news.