Post x Ccino - A Break

Start from the beginning

"I wasn't asking. You're staying here for a bit." He pulled me back by my shoulder and spun me to face him. "You're overworking yourself. And if anyone knows how bad of consequences that can cause, it's me. I've been there. You don't need to be. Now come on." He took my hand and tried to walk me back to the back. I pulled my hand away and he turned back around.

"No." I said. "If I don't do it someone else has to and that's too much for them."

"It's also too much for you then." He sounded sad. And it made me sad. But I still shook my head.

"I'm all good! Been doing this for y-years." I reassured. Then the owner frowned.

I turned to walk out with a wave, not wanting to waste anymore time, but I got pulled backwards, fell back, caught and picked up. It was the owner...who was now carrying me like a bride. And I'm blushing bluer than the sky- great.

"What's your name, anyway postman?"

"You just got it. Post. Or that's what most call me- hehe. I'm Post Sans. Mailman of the multi-verse." I rambled.

"Huh. I'm Ccino. Short for Cappuccino. I uh...run a cafe."

He brought me into the room and put me onto the couch again, and took my things. I glared at him but he just smiled, then he whistled. That confused me until a bunch of the cats ran in and jumped on me.

"You're going to stay buried in cats for a bit. And I'm going to get someone to do your job for a couple days. Because you," He leaned down and booped my nose, which made me chuckle, confused. "Need a break desperately."

"But-"

"No buts. You just need to get better. Look I've been where you are. You think if you stop you're letting someone else down and shoving your issues onto them. You're not. I promise. It took me a while to get out of that mindset too. Let me help you. Please"

"I...but..." I took a deep breath and sighed. "Okay."

"Thanks." Ccino smiled at me and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

I really didn't want to do this. The workload I have is a lot. But now I'm getting sleepy again. My eyes shut against my will and I fell asleep surrounded by cats.

Ccino POV:

I got Blue to take the job. The small skeleton can go through aus pretty fast and has some good stamina.

Once he had all the mail and everything and my cafe was closed for the day, I went to the back again to check on Post. He was out cold, still under a blanket of cats. I smiled at the sight.

I picked him up again and took him back to my house. When I arrived, I put him on my couch and walked off to make dinner.

As I was focused on making some French Toast, I heard a crash behind me. I turned and saw Post leaning on the island counter in my kitchen.

"Hi..." He said. "I was coming to make myself food..." I gave him a look of 'really?' And paused the French Toast to sit him down in a seat at the table.

"Stay there. I'm making food for both of us." Post looked down at his hands.

"Okay..."

Once we'd both eaten dinner, I walked Post back to the couch because that skeleton doesn't have any stamina right now and put him there. I sat beside him and we watched movies for a while.

"Can I have my things back to get back to work tomorrow?" He asked.

"You're taking a week off. At the minimum." I said.

"But-"

"No buts." I elbowed him.

"...but-"

"Nope!" I elbowed him again, smirking. He laughed.

"Fine fine..." Then he sighed. "Thanks..."

"Of course. I'd hate to see you make the same mistakes I did. What I went through wasn't fun."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Another day. For now, let's just relax."

...

The week with Post flew by. I woke up alone on the couch the day he got his things back with a note that said:

Goodmorning Ccino!
I went out to do my job- don't worry! I'll come back by the end of the day and check in with you. I don't want you to worry. Thanks for helping with the break! Have fun with your cats.

I sighed. Well at least he's checking in. I can offer him time off and other things if he needs it.

...

From that day though, Post was doing better. Was he still stressed? Yes. But I've been making sure he actually takes breaks and sleeps. He checks in once at lunch and then checks in as I'm closing and stays with me most nights.

I'm mostly just glad he's doing better. What I went through was a mess of depression, overworking, burn out, and passing out randomly. I did not want Post to have to experience that.

And I think I've done a pretty good job of that so far.

————————————————————————

1507 words