Cream - It's Okay to be Scared

Requested by @ItzMariTheBoss

Dream POV:

I was making some food. I felt a surge of fearful negativity appear in the multiverse. I put the bowl I was using down and tried to find it. It was in an abandoned but not destroyed au. Like Dusttale but not. I teleported there to try and help the person. When I got there, I found out the au had no Snowdin. Just forest. That's odd...I'll tell Ink later. Right now I've got a scared person to help.

I walked through the forest, following the negativity. Soon I heard crying nearby. I followed it and soon found...Cross. Cross was sitting on the snowy ground, crying his non-existent eyes out. I felt bad for him.

I can help, right? I know how it feels to lose almost everything. Of course, I can't relate to him fully, as our stories are very different. But I can still try. I watched for a few moments as Cross kept crying. The slightest sound of any snow falling off a tree startled him and he'd start crying more. Why is he so scared?

I took a deep breath and walked into the open. Cross didn't notice me at first, as he was hiding his face and too upset to hear me.

"Cross?" I called out softly to him. His head shot up faster than I could blink. His eye lights were little slits.

"Pl-please leave m-me alo-alone." He stammered out. "Please."

"Cross. I will not harm you. I'm here to try and help." I said sweetly.

"I d-don't n-need help." His voice dropped to barely a whisper. "I don't deserve it. I don't deserve to be saved. I should just be left alone to die." He rambled quietly.

I sat on the snow a good distance away from him. He looked back up to stare at me.

"No one deserves that fate. Not you, not me, not Nightmare, not Ink-well...he depends, but not you." I said.

"Yes I do." Cross replied. "I'm a failure."

"No." I scooted a bit closer. Cross tensed up. I scooted back, he relaxed a bit. "I'll stay at this distance until you're comfortable."

"That's a first." He mumbled.

We sat in an odd silence. Cross then scooted over to me. He came right up to me. He towered over me. And I saw how tearstained his face was. I felt bad.

"Can you just...hold me?" He asked. I nodded. I opened my arms.

Cross rested against me and I held him to my chest. His head was rested exactly where my soul was. I think he's listening to my soul beat. I stayed silent as we sat there. Soon Cross slowed down to sniffling. Then he fell asleep. I teleported us to my room. I then placed Cross in my bed.

...

Cross POV:

I woke up and sat up. Then I noticed the bedsheets. They were yellow. Mine are black. This is not my bed. I looked to my right and saw Dream playing his phone on the floor.

"Why am I here?!" I asked. Dream turned to me.

"Hey, it's alright." Dream tried. "You fell asleep against me so I brought you here. I promise I won't hurt you and I won't let any of the others either." I nodded. "I can tell you're scared." I looked at him. What's he going to do? Hurt me?

"It's okay to be scared."

Something. Something about those words made me feel better. 'It's okay to be scared.'. I'm allowed to be scared? I smiled a bit.

"You can be as scared as you like." He said. "I won't be mad at you for it. Everyone gets scared sometimes. Like me." Dream hugged me.

I hugged him back. I held him close to me. I didn't want to let the guardian go.

But I had to.

When I did, he smiled at me.

"Can I stay near you?" I asked, he seemed confused. "I can be your bodyguard...or something."

"Sure. I don't mind." He said cheerfully. He pulled me off his bed and we went for a walk.

My fear seemed to melt away. It's alright to be scared.

I honestly didn't expect five words to be so strong to me. Dream smiled at me as we walked. I smiled back. He kissed my cheek. I blushed a lot.

"Thanks Dream." For everything.

————————————————————————

739 words

[Internal Screeching Intensifies]

Also sorry that it's short-ish.