𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓; 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

✿︎

✿︎

SIGN OF THE TIMES

"𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞,
𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."

season one, episode eight.

✿︎

AURORA STANDS NEXT TO DEREK AS HE WAS EXAMINING A PATIENT WHO CAME INTO THE E.R. She was just watching as he lifted the patients leg up, he had came in, telling them that he felt paralysis in his lower regions. "Okay, Mr Walker. Does that hurt?" Derek asks as he rolls the device up the man's leg. The patient seemed to not feel any sensation though.

"I can't feel anything until you get to my thigh." He tells them and Derek nods his head as he stands back a bit. Aurora furrows her eyebrow, wondering what could have caused this sudden loss of movement.

"Try wiggling your toes." Derek says as he looks down at the man's toes but they don't move in the slightest.

"Are they moving?" The patient asks curiously but Derek just shakes his head with a sigh.

"No."

"I could like ten minutes ago." He adds, but Aurora knew how fast something like this could happen.

"Well, your spine x rays look clear." Derek tells him as the scan didnt really show that anything was wrong. "You fell rock climbing?" He questions curiously as he looks at his patient.

"In Snohomish, just a small drop. I was delayed. My wife and boys are on the way." The patient explains to them as he just lays in the gurney, unable to move. "What's wrong with me anyway?" He asks as Derek circles the bed. He lifts the man's legs for a second.

"Hold your legs up." Derek states but as soon as he wasn't helping, the legs dropped down onto the bed.

"Should I be scared now?" He asks them but it always better to not overstress the patient because that could cause problems of their own.

"Just try to relax." Derek tells him before turning to the nurse that was also in the room with them. "Nurse. I need a stat M.R.I. Send an intern with him. Make It Meredith Grey." He states which causes Aurora to just stare at him with a confused look on her face.

"What about me?" Aurora asks, placing her hands on her hips. Derek just glances at her, letting out a sigh.

"Burke requested you." He tells her and he could see the immediate dissatisfaction from her. "I'm sure you'll learn a few things from him." Derek adds as he picks up the chart in his hand. Aurora just bites the inside of her cheek as she glances down towards the ground.