Chapter 8- The Truth

Start from the beginning

Glenn sits in stunned silence for a moment and then he finally speaks up. 

"I knew it." Was all he said.

"Knew what?"

"That you weren't just a shitty person. I knew there was something behind it. I tried to tell everyone but most people didn't believe me. The only person who believed me was..." He goes silent.

"Amy." I say, smiling slightly. 

"Yeah." He sighs and turns on his back. "I'm sorry." 

"We're you the one who beat my ass?" "What?! No." "Exactly. You have nothing to be sorry for." "I know, I just-" He sighs again. "I feel bad." 

"I'm sure you do. And honestly I would not have told you this if I wasn't drunk out of my mind." Glenn scoffs, "I would not have asked if I wasn't drunk out of my mind... this is what feeling drunk is like... right?" I chuckle lightly, "Correct." 

The sound of yelling from the rec room catches my attention. 

"Did you hear that?" I ask, siting up quickly. "Hear what?" 

"That yelling..." I whisper. 

"I'll be right back." I say, standing up and stumbling into the hallway. 

From the rec room I can hear, "Shane stop! Shane stop it!" Immediately, I run. I can't walk or think clearly but I know whatever the hell is happening, I need to stop it. 

By the time I get to the rec room, I see Shane leaving with scratch marks on his neck. Him and I make eye contact but he doesn't say anything, he just keeps walking. 

I run into the rec room and see Lori on a table, sobbing. 

"Jesus," I say looking behind me at my dad walking down the hallway.

"Please tell me he didn't-" "He didn't." Lori says immediately. 

My heart breaks at the betrayal and sadness in her voice. 

He knows what happened to me. He knows what I had to go through, and he does this

"I'm gonna fucking end him." I turn to walk away and chase after my dad, but Lori jumps up and grabs my arm. 

"No." "He just-" "No! Please, keep it a secret. Rick is going to kill him if he finds out." 

I hesitate, "Fine." Lori sighs of relief. "Thank you." Her hands are shaking, and I can see fear and sadness in her eyes.

Without thinking, I wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly, knowing the sheer fear that courses through your body when something like that happens. 

Lori doesn't immediately hug me back; she's caught off guard since I don't even hug Alyssa. 

But almost as quickly as I hugged her, she hugs me back, sobbing in my arms. 

"Jesus Lori...I'm so sorry." I whisper. 

Lori straightens up and breaks the hug. "Thank you. I know hugging is hard for you." "Not when it comes to this." I sigh, "I won't tell anyone but if he does it again you better be sure as hell I'll cut his dick off, 'ight?" Lori barely smiles, "''Ight.'" "I know he was drunk, I can tell that's what your thinking. And I believe in 'a drunk mind speaks sober thoughts' though, I don't believe in 'a drunk mind does sober actions'. Shane is very against sexual assault, we had to deal with it firsthand." I pick at my cuticles. "It's not like him to do this but honestly I don't care. I'm pissed as fuck and you should be too, Lori."

In the morning, we're all sitting around the table again. I have a pounding headache but Glenn, who is sitting next to me, looks like he's about to die.