41. She Said Yes!

Steve is leaning to the head of the bed as Natasha resting her head on chest, wrapping her hands around his stomach. He sighed slightly pulling away to look at her," What happened to Fury?"

" He's in prison. He will be for the rest of his life. "

Her hold tightened around him and he understood, he caressed her hairs," Nat, I'm sorry. I should have..."

She nodded looking into his eyes," Yes, you should have informed me about everything, but it doesn't matter. Not anymore. Forget about it. " She dropped her head on his chest again. " I'm just scared. And also relieved, happy, grateful. I don't know...I'm feeling every kind of human feelings right now. "

Her hand cupped his cheeks then," Don't try to dodge this question, okay?" Steve nodded. " The moon looks beautiful tonight, the sea looks beautiful today, the day is so beautiful today, sunrays looking beautiful today. What's the meaning of all these? I'm curious and wanted to find out, but you said you'll tell me someday. So I held my curiosity back. "

He smiled and his thumb brushed on her chin and cheeks. " Mostly in Asian countries, people don't show affection so openly. They love their partners, they do, but the way of showing the love is defferent. They often looks at the night sky, and sees how bright and peaceful the moon is. And saying 'the moon looks beautiful tonight ' means, they feel the peace and happiness around their lovers.  'The sea looks beautiful today ' means, their love for them is so deep that can't be measured. ' The day is beautiful ' means, they wants this kinda day everyday, around their lovers. So, I say 'I love you ' but in defferent words. "

She smiled planted her lips on his for a peck," Then, if I say - your body is so beautiful and hot, it means I want it every day and night?"

He shook his head with a chuckle," It doesn't work like that. "

She frowned with a pout," Why so?"

" I don't know. Now, let's sleep for an hour or two. " She hummed in response and both drifted to sleep.

They are on a date that evening. After having dinner, they ordered some wine. He grabbed her hand gently," Hey, Nat. " She nodded at him to go on. " Uh...I was thinking...what should I do. I mean... should I get a new one?...or you'll give it to me and I'll be on my knees?"

She leaned closer towards him," I'll love it if you get down on your knees for me, right here. " His cheeks heated up as he groaned on her dirty jokes. She smiled and took the ring off from her finger," No. I don't want you to get a new one. I don't want to replace it. " He took the ring and kept it in his pocket.

Few weeks passed. And Natasha is waiting anxiously that when he's gonna propose her.

Does she sound desperate?

Yes. And she doesn't care.

She wants to marry him as soon as possible but he's delaying. He's renovating his parents' old farmhouse. So she's hoping, once the renovation completes, he'll be definitely gonna propose her.

And it's exactly what Steve's planned. He invited all his friends for the housewarming party to the farmhouse. He and Natasha are hosting the dinner for all the couples in their friend circle.

Bucky and Wanda, Tony and Pepper, Sam and Maria Hill, Thor and Jane, even they've invited Clint and Laura, and their little daughter Lila. And of course, the newest couple, Yelena and Jashua.

Steve and Natasha are already looks as a married couple anyway, so they hosted this party together. And planning to move in together very soon.

Bucky tapped on the table," Hey hey, attention, ladies and gentlemen. We have some news. " And he grabbed Wanda's hand under the table.