10. End Before the Beginning

Steve prepared food for everyone and they ate having random conversation. Natasha seemed like she was enjoying this environment.

The bickering of Sam and Bucky, where Wanda had to step in to stop them. Tony pulling Steve's leg, reminding some bad childhood memories. Thor and Jane, who gets annoyed and yells at them to shut up because there is a new guest who's joining them today. That's Natasha. Who's just watching this scenario silently.

That evening ended well. When they were about to leave, Bucky walked up to the counter to get his drink. " Steve!"

Everyone turned around to look at him. He was standing there facing his back at them. Then he slowly turned around, and everyone became silent again. He slowly raised his hand with a beer and took a sip from it. Everyone gasped loudly in shock. Because he did that with his left hand. Which was paralysed.

Wanda jumped out of her seat and hugged his neck tightly while others cheered around him patting his back and congrachulated him. But Steve stood there at the exit.

Natasha looked at him to find he was emotional. He's on the verge of crying. He sighed blinking his eyes," Let's go. " And she followed him to outside.

Steve didn't talk much and they drove towards the red mansion. " You didn't think we're crazy, did you?" He asked with a laugh. She shook her head in no. " You just didn't understand what happened?" She nodded in answer. " Well, if you'd guessed then you're right. His hand had been paralysed from last two years. The left one. " He sighed," At least, some weight got lifted off of my shoulder. "

She was silent for a bit then looked at him," Why's that?"

Steve nodded concentrating on the road," Because...he got injured because of me. This is why. This is why I felt burdened whenever I saw him. I think now it'll get better. " And chuckled at her. She kept looking at him. He understood, she wants more. He raised his eyebrow at her then looked back to the road," Really? Hey! You're making me curious, Natasha. You're talking to me. I mean, once in a while, little bit, but why not with anyone else? Like your father, he seems like he cares for you so much. Your sister, she's kinda crazy, but still you can talk. And your mother....I'm not sure what should I say about her. So...why not anybody else?"

She looked out, avoiding his question. He shighed shaking his head," Yeah. Knew it." He got a call so he put on his earpiece. " Yeah?..... Section- twelve?....okay I'll be there tomorrow morning. Yeah. " He finished his call and they arrived at the red mansion. He came out and opened the door for Natasha.

She didn't step out instantly and kept looking ahead. Then she turned to look at him, with some kind of emotions he couldn't put his finger on. " Don't go there." She just said these three words. But he figured that her eyes were telling some unspoken story. So many hidden meanings behind those long lashes.

While Natasha was thinking how to say everything. Why would Melina want him near her so often? Why would she need him? Why him?

She knew Melina is gonna use him. She has hidden her sins in a locker and she needs Steve to be that lock-code. Which has no way to decode. If anyone would try desperately to open that locker, they would break that code. Means, only Steve would get hurt. And she didn't want that. She doesn't want to find that reason. She just want him not to be involved with Melina. But how is she supposed to say? She needs more time. But Melina making it difficult by not giving her that time she needs.

While Steve became a little confused. She's telling her not to go. But," To where?" He asked as he couldn't think anything about her intentions.

Before she could say anything, a horn of a car pulled their attention. Steve stepped aside and Natasha came out of the car. That other car stopped next to them and Melina came out from it. She walked up to them with a smirk," Wow. It's second time I see. You're going out. I'm glad that you're trying to come out of your cell. " She looked at Natasha. " You asked him? That means you're talking?"