7. It's Okay Not to be Okay

Steve walked into the red mansion, to the study room of Alexi. He turned off his computer and looked at him," I know, you had nothing to do today. But, I want you to take Natasha out of here for a bit."

Steve looked at confusingly," What do you mean?"

Alexi sighed," Actually, I just saw her seeing a program on TV. About a beach. That's why I thought maybe you'd take her somewhere. "

Melina's words kept ringing in his mind. He's like a explosion threat for Natasha. So he started after carefully choosing his words," Don't you think.... you're supposed to do that? I mean...spending time with her? So that she could get better probably?"

Alexi huffed at him looking at some files," You think I haven't tried yet? She wouldn't listen to me. Infact, she pushed me away whenever I tried to get closer to her in these...two years. "

" And why would she do that? You've no idea?"

Alexi shook his head," No idea. Maybe she's thinking I couldn't fulfill the role of a father that well. "

He sounded like a heartbroken father. But Steve decided not to flow away with it. He needs to confirm everything before making a judgement. He nodded in return and walked upstairs to Natasha's room.

He walked into her room and saw her watching the same show, about a beach fastival. " You wanna go there?"

She jumped a little still in her sleeping position, startled by his sudden appearance. She looked back at the screen without saying anything to him. Steve raised his eyebrow with a huff. " Get ready. Change into some jeans, if you're comfortable. I'll be back in ten minutes. " And he walked out without waiting for her response.

Natasha kept looking at his back untill the door blocked her view.

Can she trust him?

Her first answer was a big no.

Not so easily, Ofcourse.

Then should she go with him? Besides, she can't get out of suffering, what's the harm if she goes out of this hell for some time?

She fought the urge to say no, then got up to get ready. She washed herself up then put on a simple white top and a black jeans.

Steve set up everything they would be needed in the car and walked up to her room again. She was standing at the doorway nervously. He understood her inner-battel then smiled at her assuringly," Your sister and mother are out, your father is in his study and the maid is in the kitchen. We won't take any public rout, we'll go through some less crowded shortcut. "

She relaxed visibly, and walked out slowly, looking around the house to make sure if he's right. She hesitated again at the main door, as she has never stepped out if the house since last two years, as a normal person, except going to hospital. Steve noticed this and reached for her palm and held it gently. She looked at him widening her eyes.

How-dare-you was written in her eyes, but he didn't care. He was determined to bring her trueself out. He started to walk ahead, still holding her hand. The stiffness of her hand disappeared as she felt at ease. He opened the car door for her and she got into it. Steve ran around and took the driving seat. Throughout the ride, Steve tried really hard to make her talk, but she never did. Just kept looking out with a blank face.

Avoiding most of the crowd, as she was a well known actress, so there was a huge chance that people would recognise her instantly, Steve drove towards the nearby beach. Both stepped out and he pulled out a blanket and two sleeping-chair from the car. It was almost evening so no worries of heatwave.