Chapter Thirty One

Leyla 

"Mom!" I shouted as I ran through the main house of the Lumos Pack. I needed to find her, question her on whether she knew what was going, whether she knew about the diary that she found in the library. 

The thunderous steps of her mother, uncle and grandfather halted her to a stop. I couldn't help but let my eyes wonder across her family. All of them were red faced. The clothes that Uncle and Grandfather wore were covered in splats of blood. The smell of iron was clinging to my nose. My eyes quickly met my mother's and I could see that were eyes were red and welled with tears. 

"Mom! Are you alright?" I rushed up to her and wrapped my arms around her body. Mom soon reciprocated it, her arms coiling around me in a tight embrace. I could feel her body sag against mine. 

"I'm okay, we're discuss it later." She whispered in my ear as she gently caressed my head. 

"How did you find that? How did you touch that book?" My grandfather gasped as she looked at the diary entry that was clasped in my hand. 

"So you know about this book? Have you read it?" I replied as I pulled away from my mother. 

"What do you mean, read it? It's an empty journal that has been around for as long as I remember. There was nothing in it but some empty pieces of parchment." Grandfather replied, as he furrowed his brow. 

"What are you talking about? It isn't empty? It's a journal from our ancestors!" I exclaimed as I gently opened the book to show my grandfather. His eyes looked at the book, skimming the pages as he looked at it. 

"There's nothing there." He sighed. 

"What do you mean there's nothing there? I can see it too." My mother explained. 

"Then why can't we see it?" My uncle replied as he squinted his eyes. 

"What you can't see it either?" Mother said confusingly. My mother pried the book out of my hand as she started to the read the same passages that I had. 

"Lily what are you talking about? What are you even looking at?" Uncle questioned. "We have bigger problems that some small journal to worry about-" My mother held her hand up, my uncle's lips pursed together. My mother's eyes looked heavy and I could see her grip tightening on the book. 

"Leyla where did you find this?" My mother questioned. 

"The library, it was in a closed glass case. Amira sensed that there was some old magic on the journal and she wanted to take a closer look. Did you read the entries? Do you understand why our family is being targeted?" I exclaimed. 

"Lily..." My mother said with anxiety laced in her voice. 

"The blood. Our blood. Our family line. We are the founding family of all werewolves. The reason why we are in trouble is because they are trying to exterminate the origin of our bloodline."

Mother's eyes widened. "What are you talking about?"

I let out a sigh. "Mother, Nona taught me all types of knowledge. From magic lore to werewolf history. Everything she taught me what she could. I remember in one of the books, it talked about all magic has an origin. That magic is betowed upon a person and that is a blessing that can be passed on from family. It explained that all magic has a source. One of the books was old and it said that experiments were done and concluded that without the source, the magic would be lost or destroyed."