Chapter Two

Alpha Lily Reaper 

The fire has started to spread. The flames are ignited and flying high in the night sky. The contrast from night to the ablaze that was in front of me was intimidating and the heat caused a thick sheen of sweat to form on my skin. I was panting heavily. The smoke from the damage was soon covering the fire. I was coughing and spluttering as I laid on the cool forest floor. I turned my head to look at Leyla who was sitting back as her palms dug into the ground. 

My daughter's crazy plan worked. I looked around and saw that no one was missing from our group. Everyone was intact, everyone was in one piece. We managed to pull it off. I have no doubt our plan wouldn't work if it wasn't for Leyla. I anticipated that there would be an army but not one as dangerous and formidable. I had underestimated Lamia's warriors. 

I couldn't help but let out a victorious chuckle. I knew we were being chased by Marcus. I don't know if he survived but if he did, he was lucky. He was caught in the centre of that fire so regardless he wasn't coming off unscathed. I knew that they had more warriors but the ones who were attacking were the most trusted and loyal to their cause. They were determined to fight for their false Queen. They believed we were the enemy and they had the skill to exterminate us, especially when there was a small number of us. 

I looked at Leyla and gave her a triumphant smile but that was soon wiped away as I saw her shiver. My concern drew as I saw her eyes quint, like she was trying to make out her surrounds. "Leyla?" I said in a questioning tone. It was then that she collapsed and her eyes rolled back into her head. 

"Leyla!" I screeched as I crawled on my hands and knees and made my way to her side. My hand shakily reaching out for her face. I could feel her temperature going down. The thick sweat on me was nothing in comparison to Leyla. My heart was thumping heavily against my chest. I could feel tears form in my eyes. 

"No. No. No." I said with a shake of my head. I only just got her back, I couldn't lose her now. At that moment I didn't care about the war. I didn't care about Lamia. All I wanted was my daughter safe. I wanted a simple life. I wanted to live happily. The tears were rolling down my cheeks and I pushed my two fingers to her neck, shakily trying to seek a pulse. 

The thump of her pulse was racing against the thump of my heart. I could feel a small sigh come to my lips. I closed my eyes and thanked the Moon Goddess that she was alive. My heart felt a small sense of relief, but I knew we weren't out of the danger zone until I saw her vibrant gold eyes stare at me. I remember Alexander telling me that her eyes were different, that before her eyes were an exact replica of mine. He chuckled saying he doesn't understand how he didn't recognise her as my daughter because she was the exact replica of me growing up. 

We need to get to safety. Leyla is retreating further into her mind. Her wolf isn't responding either. I can't reach her. My wolf worriedly said.  

Fuck! I cursed in response. 

"Alpha, we need to make a move on, Lucas stated that there are some stray wolves who managed to survive the blast. They are heading our way, scouting the area for survivors." One of my Elite warriors stated with a small bow of his head. 

My mind was scattered. I knew that we needed to evacuate and reconvene with the pack back in the mountains but that would have to wait. I needed to enter the spirit realm and pull Leyla back before she got stuck in place that would eventually take her onto the other side. There was no way I would let that happen. We hadn't had a chance to live. We had only been surviving. 

I didn't have time to dwell on the bittersweet feelings that was creeping in my heart. We would be returning home to the place where I grew up and there was his apprehension at how they people would respond to my return. Equally on the other hand, I had just blew up the place that I had called home for the last twenty years. All I could do was focus on the positives, that no one was hurt and Leyla could be saved. 

"Thank you Robin. I need you to carry Leyla for me. You need to go by foot. We will head to check point B and set up temporary camp. We will assess our damage and I will need you all to keep guard while I try and wake Leyla." I command as I lift Leyla into my arms and place her gently into Robin's arms. I push her hair back from her forehead, the small tendrils that were stuck to the sweat. It is then that I place a soft kiss on her head and gesture with my hands for him to make a move. 

"Thomas! Follow Robin, make sure no harm comes to my daughter." I command through mind link to one of my other warriors. He's in the distance scouting the area. He's quick to follow instructions as I watch him follow my order making his way to Robin. He shifts into his wolf and follows Robin while he searches the area. I know that they will defend my daughter with their lives. I trust them to get the job done. 

The rest of us give them a chance to run and I catch scent of some of the Royal pack's wolves. I order two of the other warriors to shift and lead them in the opposite direction and direct their attention to them. According to their observations a few had retreated, leaving the remaining who survived to search for survivors whether they were friendly or foe. With that they ran and drawing attention with a loud growl while the rest of us hid. 

It was then that I made myself to the camp where Leyla was being taken so that I could save my daughter before it was too late.