Chapter Six

Ryan's Point Of View

There in the darkness, is a small glimmer of light. My feet automatically carry me in that direction as I can feel the pull and tug of my body. A weird sensation feels my body, there's a numbness inside me that I can't quite comprehend. There was no breeze or air, I could just feel myself float closer and closer to the light that was flickering. The light was hurting my eyes the closer I got, a small part of me wanted to walk away but the curiosity was building inside me. 

There sat a little girl, her hair was black as night, her skin was so pale that it was almost translucent. She was a pretty little thing, her eyes were twinkling as she looked around searching for something, her little head bobbed side to side. "I'm going to find you!" She squealed as she turned her back and ran in the opposite direction. Her feet tread lightly, she was quick on her little toes that I struggled to keep up but my wide steps followed to her beat. 

It's then that a familiar little boy was hiding behind a stack of towering books. His head kept peeping, peering over the side while trying to conceal his body. I could see the flock of his blonde hair bounce from side to side. It was then that the room broke out into the Royal Pack's library and before I could recall the memory. The little girl crashed into the boy who went tumbling into the books. "OMPH" the boy gruntled out. It was then that I felt the sensation of pain reflect on my body. It was like everything he was feeling was mirrored onto my body. A soft smile made it's way onto my face as the girl wrapped her arms around him and laughed "I found you!" 

The little boy was me and the beautiful little girl was Leyla. I had long forgotten this, for this moment was a lost memory. These were moments that were locked away in the back of my mind, that were long forgotten. It was then that my mind opened wide and kaleidoscope of memories rushed through my brain. Leyla and me playing in a field of wildflowers. Me and Leyla running around pretending to be warriors while my dad trained his pack. Nona telling stories of pack legends while we laid on picnic blankets, both of us curled up in each other's arms. There was something so innocent. Both of us shared looks of awe and care. There was something so pure about the love we shared at that age. 

These beautiful memories were interrupted a swarm of darkness, the crack of lightning, the heavy downpour of rain. There I stood as a quiet observer as a little Leyla stood in front of the pack guards that protected the pack house. Her eyes were watering, her face filled with sadness as the two men stood towering over her. 

"Please, Ryan is my friend." She quietly whispered. 

"Little girl go home, you should not refer to your prince so loosely. You have no right. You are no one to him." One of the guards spoke with a terrifying tone. Her eyes that were once watering were now filled with loose tears that were rolling down her adorable cheeks. My heart hurt at the scene. 

"Please, I have been here everyday for the last week. Why won't he see me? We are friends! He's my best friend!" She sobbed hysterically. 

The guard chuckled darkly. "Little girl go home before we call your mother to teach you respect."

"But-" She began to speak. 

"Gentleman give me a moment with the child." A familiar voice that was once something that I loved the sound of, was now something that caused me to cringe internally. 

"Yes your majesty." Both guards responded with a bow and walked away. 

There stood my mother, dressed in the finest gown, her golden hair was in her signature braid at the top but while her golden locks flowed down her back in soft waves. From this view I could see my mother for what she truly was. A fallen angel that rivalled Lucifer. I saw the cold look in her eyes while the rest of her face screamed a fake sad smile.