⁴ Daddy's Princess

The gray haired male closed the door loudly, expressing his foreboding disappointment and anger on the people, he calls family. Tears ploughed a rough path on his once chubby cheeks. His bruised knuckles tentatively traced those smooth skin which is profoundly noticeable with a slap mark.

After a surmount amount of complete silence, he dashed into his washroom in search of a silver metal. His tearful eyes gleamed at its shiny reflection on the mirror and with strained closed eyes, he put it across his artery. Then his phone rang. He waited to let it complete a swing. But it rang again and again. He paused his sought after brave attempt and went in search of his phone. It rang again, eventually grabbing his attention.

It was an unknown number. Reluctantly he pressed the answer button and dragged the black box near to his left ear while clutching onto the knife on his right hand.

" Hello." He spoke first, later regretting that his scratched voice might have definitely made an unexpected annoyance in the person on the other side.

" Greetings, Is this Mr. Kim Taehyung?" A voice, drenched in masculinity, engulfed Taehyung's whole existence. He nodded and then whispered a small 'yes'.

" You are doing your graduation in Seoul University, Aren't you?" The voice calmly, with trained precision, asked. But his university's name coated in the stranger's masculine, deep voice irritated the grey head.

"What do you want?" Taehyung spat.

The person on the other side, who is much exposed to harsh comments, ticked his throat and answered, " This is a call from Music Palace International Studio. We had organized an online audition on last October and seem like you have sent your music audio in mail. The call has been made to congratulate in behalf of the organization as your voice has been selected by the renowned music composer Min Yoongi in his next upcoming album."

Taehyung stood still and then dropped the knife on the floor. The sound echoed in the silent room. Silent tears started to pour and caress his slap marked cheek.

Without getting a proper reply, the person on the other side called his name, " Mr. Kim."
After a few seconds, the stranger heard weeping sound. " Mr. Kim, are you crying?" He asked mechanically, absolutely believing them to be happy tears of getting famous and wealthy.

" Stop calling me Kim. I'm Taehyung. Call me just that." He shouted into the phone.

"Hey... Ki.... Taehyung ? What happened? Is everything okay?" The person on the other side momentarily abandoned his mechanical voice and tended to the hurt.

" N...nothing is Okay and it will never be. I'm a d...disgrace to everyone and I can no longer si....sing. My dad destroyed my saxophone and musical notes which I composed so d...dearly. I can no longer be a p..part of your studio." Taehyung broke down in a fit of vigorous sobs.

" Hey!!! Calm down. Will you? You are really talented, I'm sure you can create more music in the future as well." He ushered.

" You.. are missing the point mister! My dad will not let me go out of this hellhole." He pinched his lips to halt his wails.

" Would you like to tell me about it? Maybe that will help." The voice asked.

" You really want to h..hear me out ? You will listen to me for real ?" Taehyung asked dubiously.

"Yes, now tell me Taehyung. What made you sad today?" The voice asked.

" It's not only about today, but everyday. Everyone is mean to me." He said in a childlike voice, sniffing mildly. " Do you know who my dad is ? You might know Kim Alexandren?" Taehyung stopped.