"cuddle attack!"

boo-boo squealed, trying to crawl away but el grabbed onto him and rubbed his stomach, loving how it jiggled.

dante smiled, ruffling el's hair before giving her a kiss on the head goodnight. "i love you, sleep tight,"

she nodded and gave him one last hug before turning back to boo-boo. "go grab your blanket, boo. time for bed,"

boo-boo hopped off the bed, running to the corner of the room to bite onto his blanket, bringing it all the way to the bed.

"good boy," el patted the bed and boo-boo snuggled in, waiting for el to cover the blanket on top of him, making sure she gave him a kiss before he nuzzled closer to her.

"no, but i want you to be careful, piccolo." dante told el sternly, handing the clean knifes to her before helping her strap the gun to her waistband.

"i'm not little anymore,"

"still are to me, piccolo," he teased with a smile, handing her the monitor for her to watch.

gasping, el grabbed the screen to look through the security cameras of the dark house. "damy and xavier did such a good job! and blaze with the new ties! oh, this is so good..." she cut herself off with a laugh. "they're so stupid, they walked right into the trap,"

she continued to giggle before she stopped herself since her phone was ringing. "yes?"

"little devil, i think i just realised why i didn't resent my job,"

"and why is that?"

"because i got to kill people who weren't punished by the system."

she smiled softly. "how sexy,"

"please don't say shit like that in front of me," dante murmured under his breath before walking away, close to the fireplace in his office by his floor to ceiling windows.

"i wish you were here though. in this fucking childhood home of mine." he grumbled and she frowned a little at his tone. "mike, are you okay?"

"i don't fucking know, el. i've never been here knowing what it was like actually growing up here. just looking at the walls, the rooms. i've never been here remembering how my dad used to scream at my mom or how he screamed at me for standing for her or how he bashed his head into the wall that made the dent by the stairs!"

she set down the monitor, sitting down on a chair. "i'm sorry, mike... i wish i could help you,"

he paused for a second. "i'm glad you picked up. i thought you would be busy,"

"i'm about to be,"

"good, little devil."

"you don't care? not at all? you've known them for a while, mike," she said quietly, pricking on the skin of her arm as she waited for his response.

"no. they destroyed my life. they ruined everything." he snarled, his breathing increasing. "only thing they did was find my family,"

after a few seconds, she asked. "you know they visited you before, right?"

he caught on instantly. "i don't fucking know, el. that's some of the shit i barely remember,"

she frowned at his words. "you don't remember how auntie karen visited you? she put you there to protect you, you know. you told me that yourself. just so your father wouldn't hurt you,"

"i just remember that place being annoying. except for the fact that i met you though,"

she smirked with a tiny giggle. "didn't you call me annoying when you met me again?"