NINE.

el cradled boo-boo in her arms, taking him to the shelter before sitting down. "dante says you're stinky... i made you a home," el showed him a little shelter she made out of sticks and leaves behind a tree at the park. "then i'll find you everyday and feed you."

boo-boo whimpered and el set him down with a banana next to him. "don't be sad, boo-boo. today i'll stay with you!" el put a leash on him that she bought, giggling at how the purple harness fit around him.

"you're so adorable, my little boo!" el tugged him along and then skipped down the path of downtown, people screeching and yelping at them.

el growled at them, faking barks before looking down at boo-boo. "don't worry about them, my boo. you're the bestest dolly ever! you're not evil or scary!"

boo-boo raised his front paws and el giggled and bent to pick him up. "good raccoon!" she took a selfie of them with the happiest smile before sending it over to dante.

"now, let's get you some good food," she pointed across the street to a diner. "they have lovely food!" she ran across the street without a thought and then walked in, grinning widely.

"sorry, we don't allow animals here," a waitress stopped her before she could enter and el frowned. "why not!? he doesn't bite! he's nice!"

the waitress was about to speak but a man from the kitchen walked out and interjected. "it's fine, it's fine. it's on a leash, i'm sure it'll be fine," he smiled over at el. "i'm benny, welcome,"

her eyes brightened and she giggled. "i'm el! thank you," she then turned and glared at the waitress before walking away, setting boo-boo on the inside of the booth. "don't listen to those idiots. you are beautiful. they shouldn't be animal-shaming you!"

boo-boo looked around curiously with a whimper.

"is okay... is okay," she brushed his fur and then patted his head. "we will get chicken wings and waffles. you think those, right?"

boo-boo tilted his head at her and she giggled and tapped his nose. "i will feed you nice and well, don't worry," she murmured and called someone over to take their order as boo-boo dropped down and laid against her lap.

with a wide smile, she hugged him to her chest. "is okay, boo-boo. don't worry," she gave him a bunch of scratches and he leaned into her to let her know how much he loved it.

"mike!" el screamed at the top of her lungs and ran up to him, grabbing him from behind. "wah! freeze!"

his head turned. "what the fuck?"

"tehe! i know you didn't miss me but... but! i'll ask anyway for effect! did you miss me!?"

he shook his head and she pulled back. "booo!"

he held back a grin and looked down. "why the fuck is that thing on a leash?"

"i don't want him to get lost. dante says he can stay but i know he doesn't like boo-boo. i built a house for him in the park behind the trees,"

he looked at her and then down at the raccoon in disgust. "that is... don't they live in bins?"

"hey!" she scolded him, stomping her feet. "they aren't dirty if that's what you're saying!"

"i never fucking said that,"

her eyes rolled, bending to pick boo-boo up. "say hi! say hi!" she pushed the animal forward and mike leaned back in an instant. "get that thing away,"

el frowned, pulling back. "boo-boo isn't a thing. he's a raccoon with feelings." she gave the raccoon a kiss on the head. "be nicer,"