Chapter 1: June 1st 2015

It's been exactly a week since my mom was killed in a car accident. I honestly am an emotional wreck. I don't sleep at night, I barely eat and I don't want to be bothered by anyone even my girlfriend Lani. We've been together for two years now. She's been texting and calling me since the funeral two days ago. No one can get me out of my funk.

"Hey Kameron there's someone here to see you" my sister's step daughter Heaven said peeking her head through the door. I just looked up at her not saying a word. She let out a heavy sigh and closed my door. About a minute later it was opening again. "How long are you going to avoid me babe?" A familiar voice said. I looked up to see Lani's gorgeous ass standing in my room. I did feel bad. She was my girlfriend and I shouldn't shut her out.

"I'm sorry baby. Just haven't been in the mood to see or talk to anyone lately." She smiled her gorgeous, infectious smile and sat on my bed beside me. "I understand babygirl. It's a rough time right now." She kissed me on the cheek and told me to lay between her legs. She massaged my head, running her fingers through my hair. It felt so good. I missed her touch. Maybe I should open up to her again. She softly kissed my neck trying her hardest not to leave a hickey.

KNOCK KNOCK "it's me" Heaven said from behind the door. I haven't told her exactly who Lani was. I mean I've only been living with them for a week now. I don't know that girl. "What you want?" I spat through clenched teeth. Lani slapped my arm because I was being rude. "Mom and dad are on their way back. Your company has to leave" she said. I opened the door and walked Lani to her car. "Thanks" I said poking my head in Heaven's room on my way back to mine. She smiled and I began to walk away.

"Kameron?" She called. I rolled my eyes and turned back around. "What Heaven?" I asked irritated as hell. "Why are you so mean to me? I just want to be like a sister to you." She looked like she was a little sad or heartbroken. I guess I could ease up on her. "Yea I'm sorry man. Just a rough time. I'll try to do better." She nodded like she understood and that was the end to our conversation.

7:30 pm

"Girls it's dinner time" my sister Kerry yelled from downstairs. Heaven and I both looked at each other and ran downstairs. We were so hungry. Kerry came home for her lunch break to bring us food then left right after. So we haven't eaten since like 1 this afternoon. Kerry said that we weren't aloud to put anything on top of the stove or in the oven because she didn't want us burning her house down. Imagine that. I'm 16 and Heaven is 17. Neither of us are little babies. We deserve to be treated as such.

Once we finished eating Heaven and I took a walk around the neighborhood to help digest our food. I figured Heaven wanted to talk and I was right. "So um how you holding up?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders not knowing how to answer that question. I mean what does she want me to say? I'm an emotional wreck, I cry myself to sleep at night and I don't want to be bothered by anyone not even my own girlfriend.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk about it. I know it's hard to deal with." I began to get irritated because what does she know about losing a mom. "My mom abandoned me and my dad when I was six. She just up and left. Didn't tell us where she was going or why. For a while I blamed myself for being a bad daughter or I blamed my dad for not fulfilling his husband duties. What I'm trying to say is I haven't had a mother figure in my life since I was six and for a while I didn't like your sister. She's not my mom and will never be my mom but I've come to terms with it now. She's not my best friend but I respect her." I couldn't believe she was telling me this. She wasn't so bad after all.

"Well let's get back to the house. I'm tired of walking" she said laughing at herself. We walked through the doors and found her dad and my sister cuddled up on the couch watching tv. "Get a room" I whispered just loud enough for them to hear me. Lance laughed, but my sister had to be all serious. "How about you go to your room." Sometimes I wanted to slap the shit out of her. The nerve of that bitch. I went to my room and slammed the door shut. She pissed me off with every word she said. I changed clothes and got in the bed. It was now 9:30 and I was slowly drifting asleep.