I popped my earphones in and flopped down onto my bed. I had nothing to do today so might as well listen to some music. Humming along to Die Young by Ke$ha, I closed my eyes and did some serious thinking.

Okay, I lied. I actually got a stack of paper from my desk and began to make a bunch of paper airplanes. Fun right? I was throwing one of the planes when my bedroom door was opened. I ignored whoever had entered my room and threw another plane, slightly smiling when I saw how far it went. My bed sank down a little and I looked over my shoulder to see my mum sitting there. I took out my earphones.

"Why aren't you doing anything on a Saturday morning" she asked, arms folded over her chest. "You and Lucy usually hang out on the weekends."

I sighed, "Lucy and I aren't exactly speaking at the moment, Mum"

"What? Why?"

"She's just been so secretive and doesn't want to tell me anything anymore" I sighed sadly.

She nodded understandingly before speaking once more, "Well don't you have any other friends to hang out with?"

"No I- Oh wait I do! I made friends with this girl called Amelia" I smiled. My mother got off the bed and smiled too. She opened my door and stepped out. Before she closed the door fully I heard her say, "Maybe you should apologise to Lucy. Secrets aren't worth breaking friendships over, Sophie" She closed the door leaving me to think. When I couldn't decide on whether I was going to apologise (I never say the first sorry), I finally just decided to call Amelia. Luckily, I had gotten her number on the way to the mall yesterday. I scrolled through my contacts before tapping 'Ameliaaaa

'Ring Ring Ring' the phone rang several times and just when I was about to give up it was finally picked up.

"Hola! Como estas?" A chirpy voice greeted me. (Hello! How are you?)

"No hablo español" I said. (I do not speak Spanish)

"Haha what's up?" Amelia laughed finally speaking in English.

"Oh I don't know maybe the ceiling?" I said sarcastically.

"Let me rephrase that question; what are you doing on this fine glorious Saturday morning?""

"I am currently lying in bed like a loner, feeling sorry for myself"

"Oh well that's too bad!"

"You were supposed to say, 'Hey I have an idea! Why don't I come ever?'" I grumbled.

"Hey I have an idea! Why don't I come over?" she repeated.

"Much better" I grinned and gave her the address before hanging up.

While waiting for Amelia to come I decided to start packing my things for the visit to my aunt's house. I knew that if I didn't start now I'd forget about it completely. I threw random clothes and shoes into the purple and black suitcase beside me, not caring about whether they matched or not. Finally I placed my small zebra bag full of my toiletries on the side and zipped the case shut. I shoved it underneath my bed and wiped invisible sweat beads from my head.

Hearing the rumble of an engine from the driveway, I peeked out of the window and saw Amelia parking her car before getting out. She looked nervous as she pressed the doorbell. I shot out of my room but unfortunately couldn't reach the door before my mother.

"Oh you must be Amelia! Well aren't you just a pretty little darling! Come in, come in and make yourself feel at home. Perhaps I can show you a few baby photos of Sophie when she was young, quite the troublemaker she was and still is!" I groaned as my mother's excited voice continued blabbering random things to Amelia. Amelia herself looked quite bewildered but tried hard not to show it.