Chapter Twenty Six

AH FORGIVE ME IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IM THE WORST I KNOW

I'll probably end TNM around 30-34 chapters.

fan of the chapter; @Trouble_Maker52 because it's so crazy that someone believes this book is good enough for publishing even though I personally can't dream of it! :')

[Summary: Sophie discovers that Alexander and Vanessa are going to be step-siblings and Vanessa and Amelia are cousins. Amelia, Vanessa and Lucy are in the hospital. Still torn between Blake and Aiden Sophie remains undecided on what to do after kissing Blake in the park - despite telling Blake to stay away. She also finds out that Blake was the one that beat up Alex and Lucas is visiting from college.]

~*~

Chapter Twenty Six

I sat there gripping the phone, angry tears building up in the corner of my eyes. A million and one emotions were coursing through me as I struggled to comprehend the situation: why couldn't he respect my decision of keeping him away from all aspects of my life?

The frustration caused me to grit my teeth and hold my tears back. No, I wouldn't cry. Instead, I'll be showing him how pissed off I am the moment I see him.

In the meantime, I had more pressing matters to deal with.

Alexander was asleep - meaning that I have no way of getting him home and with how tired and beaten he looks, I don't want to wake him up just to ask for directions.

Chewing at a hangnail absentmindedly, I thought over the whole situation. The only option I have is to bring him home with me but both my parents and Lucas would bombard me (and Alex the moment he wakes up) with questions.

Since I had no choice, I began the short drive purposefully taking the long route home. Once we were parked in the driveway, I lightly tapped Alex. He shot up at incredible speed and gripped my wrist tightly causing me to yelp.

It took him several seconds to focus and once he did he immediately let go. However, a red mark was now branded onto my wrist and I knew without a doubt it would bruise.

"Shit, Sophie, are you okay?" he leaned over to examine my wrist and winced as he noticed the mark. I attempted to smile and nodded, not trusting myself to speak as the area stung and the pain coursed through my arm.

Seeming to notice, Alex bit his lip and his hair, now flattened, fell over into his eyes. "I'm so sorry. Talking about everything just..."

"Nightmares?" I finished the sentence for him in a raspy voice. Clearing his throat he shifted in his seat and looked out of the window, noticing for the first time that we were parked in front of my house.

"You live here?" he asked.

"Yeah, I didn't want to wake you up and ask for directions." I smiled sheepishly. "Is that okay? I'll take you home if you would prefer that."

"It's fine, I don't want to make you drive all the way - but are your parents okay with it?"

"I don't know, but I guess we'll find out." I said, unbuckling my seatbelt and unlocking the car doors.

Walking into the house I didn't expect to find both Aiden and Lucas seated in the living room, grunting and shouting as they played what seemed to be an intense video game. However, Aiden did a double-take, yelped with surprise and as a result Lucas jumped up hooting and cheering over his victory. When he realised Aiden wasn't paying attention to him he turned towards us and his cheerful face hardened into a scowl. Gulping slightly, I slowly turned on my heel and pushed Alex's back to tell him to walk back out of the door.