chapter 27

Mage palace is a beautiful place to visit, which is not less than a luxurious palace. But the most special part of the mage palace is its magic tower.

A tall tower which almost seems to pierce the sky. Each floor represents a special research, magic and ability.

But the most beautiful and wonderful part of the tower is the top floor, which is only used by the magic tower master.

The ceiling is made from glass which is spell-proof, no magical ability or spells work there. The scenery during night is the best. You can see the stars clearly just above you, twinkling and shining.

People who know about this place, wants to get here and spend their time here but not me. For the past four hours, I have tried many things to get out of this room, but all my attempts have failed miserably.

I, maybe stronger than most of the mages here, but my powers are nothing compared to my uncle's. I have seen his power during my training with him.

I wonder what's going on at the mansion. Roxanne and Cassis must have gotten along. Haaa...

Creak

"Heiress, here are some snacks that master ordered to bring for you"
Calix said, as he opened the only door that lead to this room.

Calix is uncle's right hand man, whom my uncle trusts the most. But to me he looks as shady as hell. He gives off a weird yet dangerous aura.

He wore a white cloak that reach his knees. A plain black mask covered his face, only leaving the gap where his eyes are, pale green eyes with a hint of blue. Although i don't want to admit it but his eyes somewhat looks like mine

He held the  tray in his left hand and his right hand held the one and only key of the door, dingling and making soft sounds.

"I am not hungry" I said flatly, clearly not in mood to eat anything. I am so mad on my uncle for bringing me here forcefully.

Calix just stood there like a statue and simply stared at me through his mask. I don't know what kind of face his is making behind his mask but it made me wants to rip his damn mask off.

"Heiress, here is your snacks. Master ordered to bring it to you"
he repeated, his voice seemed like a robot.

"Get out" my voice came out throaty. It triggered me. His presence is annoying and bothersome.
But he stood there without any movement.

"I said get los-" cling

Huh...
All my anger disappeared as i stared at him, dumbfounded. Calix placed the keys on the table and left without a single word. It took me a while to get what happened but my eyes shone with delight as i hurriedly grabbed the keys.

Cautiously I left the room, careful not to get into anyone's attention to me. I just need to get out of the top floors boundary then I am free to teleport wherever I want.

I am almost there just a little me and then I am out. Thankfully i didn't find anyone around. I mentally cheered on my luck.

"Penelope..." Ohh shit...

"Umm hello uncle..." I said sheepishly as i scratched my left cheek.

Uncle stoob before me, glaring at me with wide eyes. Disbelief and anger flashed through his eyes as he stares at me.

"Umm... Unc-"
"Get back here!" He tired to reach to me but I was out of his reach. The scenery changed before me. The beautiful colored wall of changed into  dark and damed one.

"Wha...what are you doing here?" A familiar yet a foreign voice asked.

I turned around only to mer with a pair of golden eyes shining.

To be continued ~