chapter 29

I love the view from my laboratory window because it directly faces the garden. Today the garden looked extraordinarily good, well bloomed flowers, colorful butterflies and the presence of the three Agriche.

Lant was talking with Dion, patting his son's shoulder. I guess he was happy that Dion completed the mission.

But of course i won't mistake Lant's expression for a proud father... no, Lant sees his children as his puppets, his tools. He would never love them.

Dion may look similar to Lant but i wonder if they have the same personality. I have a small hope that Dion won't take after Lant, he won't be like him, but sometimes I find my hope fading away.

Sometimes i see the same madness in Dion's eyes the i see in Lant's. I don't want Dion to be like his father, never.

Roxanne's eyes were also at the the raventte pair, her eyes reflected the disgust and hate she felt for both of them. Dion's and Roxanne's eyes met briefly but Roxanne turned away.

Roxanne eyes spotted me, staring through the window.
Oops looks like I got caught.

I waved at her while smiling but she didn't give any response and just walked into the building. I guess she is not in the mood to talk.

I went to me desk and started organising all the documents in order. There was a soft knock on the door and Roxanne entered the room.

"I hope I am not disturbing you" she said with a small smile.

"Not at all, Roxie. Make yourself comfortable"

Roxanne placed her umbrella at the side of the couch. She rested her back on it, placing her right hand on her head and sighed.

"You seem exhausted, did something happened?" I sat beside her. She looked like she didn't get proper sleep for days.

"It's fine, just had something on my mind " she said, as she remained in her place. She had dark bags under her eyes.

"Wanna talk about it?"
She removed her hand and gave a small nod. She took off the ribbon that was tied around her hair, letting them loose.

I think it would be better with some refreshments.
With a flick of my finger, the small table infront of us was filled with desserts, biscuits and tea.

"I don't think this was needed..."
"Well, I do think we need these. Just look at you, you have gotten so thin"
I said, shaking both of her shoulders lightly.

It's not a joke when I say that she have gotten thin. I know that she have increased her poison intake because of the poisonous butterflies and this is distorting her health.

"You're such a mom sometimes" she let out a small chuckle. I couldn't help but smile at her.

"So how the plan going by your side?" I asked her, the smile was gone from her face and the same expressionless face appeared.
Its complicated to understand their emotions.

"As I said during the dinner, two eggs have died and didn't hatch but one is remaining. I told father that the egg haven't hatched yet..."
Suddenly Roxanne's expressionless face was replaced with a sly smirk.