chapter 20

As soon as, Cassis was taken away by the guards, lant gestured for me to follow him.

"I will see you guys later"
Though the siblings looked detected, they understand that i have to follow lant without any delay. Flashing them a smile for the last time, i turned to follow lant.

Walking to his office, i looked around the halls, nothing has changed in this mansion. Same corridors, same metallic scent of blood, faint roars of monster, everything is the same as it was 4 years ago.

But unlike the mansion, the children of this mansion have somewhat soften. Of course they have the same craziness and bloodlust but they learn the value of life. Atleast

Enter lant's office, i was greeted with him sitting on the head's seat in front of the table. The strong scent of cigarettes remains in the air.

I wonder how his lungs did not stop working and how his is not dead from lungs cancer. Haaa.... It's truly astonishing.

"How did the experiment went"

For the past two months i have been working on a project, a creature which is a special type of wolf. It looks like a wolf but it's strength, endurance and power is much greater compared to a beast.

"I am still working on it, it's a difficult experiment to do and i already told you beforehand that there are high chances that it might not work" i paused, being careful to choose the correct words, so that his doesn't get suspicious
"But i am trying my best"

Lant looked displeased, he knew if the experiment works, he will get undeniable strong. What a moron.
I used to think that Lant Agriche was a terrifying man but let's be honest, he is an idiot. Although he is strong but with just a little bit of submittiness, and he falls into your trap.

"I shall take my leave now"
With that the door behind me closed with a bang.

Haa they could have been gentle to these poor doors. After all, these doors are the ones who are keeping all the secrets of this family. This is getting interesting.

I stopped in my tracks by the sound of dog bark. As soon as I turned, a little puppy jumped in my arms and started licking my face, as if welcoming me.

"Hey there, Fenris"
My eyes curved and a smile appeared on my face. I patted the puppy's fluffy pure  white fur. His bright sapphire eyes looked at me. It started licking me on the face, as if welcoming me back.
How cute

Soon my smile turned into a smirk. I was really easy to trick Lant. That's moron thought that i failed....
Hilarious

The truth is that my experiment works in the first try, with the help of my uncle i was able to create my cute little puppy. Well he is not just a puppy like the others think.

It may look like a normal puppy but with the command of it's owner, it turns into a beast.  Sharp fangs, large body and power of three elements. Fire, water and ice.

"You know it's dangerous to come out like this, right?"

Fenris bark in response. Holding him in my arms, i made my way to my room. My room was shifted in the main building 3 years ago. It's a lot better than before.

Upon reaching my bedroom, Fenris jumped out of my arms and stretch his legs. I stared at him in awe. How can my little puppy be this cute!

Chuckling, i closed the doors and walked straight to bed. Flopping on the soft mattress, i let out a soft groan.  Teleportation is tiring.

I wonder how is Dion doing these days. He went on the mission 3 weeks ago. From then i have heard no news of him. I hope he is alright.

Suddenly my diary came to my mind. It's been a while since i wrote anything in it. Yes it's the same diary that uncle Khalid gave me.

With a flick of a finger, the black book and a pen appeared before me.

'magic sure come in handy'

Resting my back of the bed post, i slowly cares the smooth surface of the book. Opening the book, i start writing.

Dear diary

It's been 4 years since i came here. A lot of things have changed. I escaped the fate of the villainess. Somehow i got close with the people here. It took time for the siblings to warm up with me but my relationship with them got better. There are still some people in this mansion who i hate alot.

My relationship with Dion also improved a lot. I still remember the day clearly when Dion took the special test that every children of this family have to take.

How is barged into my room with his bloodied body. His limping body, unfocused eyes, which looked like they don't know what to do anymore.

The way he hugged me, like he desperately wanted someone to comfort him, like he wanted to feel the warmth of a human. His body was trembling badly and he kept on mumbling something that i don't understand at all. The blood of his clothes, colored my white nightgown in red.

I tried a lot of things to comfort him but nothing worked. The only thing i could do was, casting the sleep spell on him, which i learned recently. Slowly his grip on my body loosened and his body fell unconscious on my bed.

Seeing all the blood on him, i tried to remove his shirt, to see if he was injured. I finally succeeded to remove his shirt with some efforts. But i wasn't ready for the outcome.

The sight of his injured chest and back still lingers in my mind. Deep and large sword slashes was all over his back, from which blood was flowing. My heart still aches thinking about those scares.

Some maids helped with bandaging his wounds and left the room with a worried expression. Not for Dion but for me. Even if Dion was a villain, he is also just a child, whose no different from others.

After that night, something changed in Dion. His behaviour toward me changed, he somewhat became more gentler. I guess that was the start of our relationship.
To be very honest, i miss his presence.

As for Roxanne, she still blames Dion for her brother's death. I cannot say that it's not Dion's doing but it's not like he wanted it. He was forced to do it since lant consider him as his heir. I tried to explain Dion's problem but i was unable to convince her in the end.

I can't blame her for that afterall she lost her brother whom she loved so much.

It's embarassing to say this but I really miss dion alot. When did i started feeling this kind of attraction from him. Well i think probably from the very start.

Well i think that's enough for today.
Good night.

Closing my diary, I carefully put the diary on the desk beside my bed. This diary contains a lot of memories.

Standing up from the bed, i make my way to the balcony, which was connected to my room.

The weather was pretty calming. My hair flows along with the wind, giving a soothing feeling.

The original plot has already started.  I wonder how everything will unfold from now on. I just hope that nothing goes wrong.

But what is this feeling, like something really bad is about to happen. Well i don't think it's anything.

........................................................................

If only she did not ignored the bad feeling that day, she wouldn't have suffer from the accident that was going to happen very soon.

To be continued ~