chapter XVI

"di...did u also get reincarnated" roxanne asked as she clenched her fist. Her red eyes were fixed on Penelope.

"I.." Penelope didn't have the right words to say. She was getting very anxious. Suddenly the two of them heard someone coming toward them.

The footsteps was getting closer and closer. In panicked state, roxanne grabbed Penelope's hand and ran to the direction where her room was.
Right now it was the only place that came to her mind.

Both girls reached the room, panting heavily. "Oh..haaa oh my god haa" penelope said while she was breathing heavily.

"That was.. haaa.. that was a great run" said roxanne. Both of them looked at each other. Sweat was dripping down from their faces.

"Pfft-" unknowingly Penelope couldn't contain her laugh. Soon she burst out laughing and was joined by roxanne soon enough. It was a strange things that a moment ago the atmosphere around both of them was so intense and now they were laughing.

"It's been a long time since i laughed like this, thank you" roxanne said as she smiled.

'oh my god, so shiny!!' Penelope covered her eyes dramatically ' so this is the charm of the female lead' Penelope couldn't help her inner fangirl from activating. Penelope was in her own world of fantasies when she heard roxanne. 

"Lady's love project..." Roxanne mumbled as she observed the notes carefully. 'oh shit i nearly forgot about it' Penelope sweatdropped as she watched roxanne read the notes she made about the story plotline.

"So your also a reincarnator aren't you?" Roxanne asked Penelope while staring at her.

Penelope gulped, her mind was blank. She didn't know how to respond so she just nodded her head. She knew that roxanne is also reincarnated but if she say this now, she will be in big trouble.

"Ahh.... No need to worry. I am also like you" roxanne's red looked down. It could be seen from her face that she was sad.

"Umm... So what's your name, not the current one but the one from your previous life" penelope asked is a hesitated state. Of course she knew her real name but she did it to have a conversation or so she tried.

"It's okay if u don't want to" Penelope said as she waved. She was nervous on how roxanne would react.

"Olivia" roxanne spoke, though her expression looked sad but she was trying that penelope won't see that expression of her. (Roxanne pervious life name  was not mentioned in the manhwa, so i put something by myself.)

"I am Lillian" Penelope said as she took out her hand for a handshake. Roxanne stared at Penelope's hand for a few seconds.

'oops was i too straightforward' penelope sweatdropped as she try her best to keep smiling.

Penelope started to take her hand away when someone hold it and shake it.
"Well nice to meet you Lillian" roxanne said with a smile on her face.

"I hope we will do great in the future" hearing that penelope was a bit shocked but happy at the same time.

"Yes" Penelope nodded happily. That day an unknown bond was made between both girls.

...

Unknown pov*

In a dark room, paper where scattered around. A man stood in front of a table, doing his test for the last time.

He put the last strand of magenta hair is the clear liquid. 'please just this time..... please be successful'

"I..i can't believe it" the man eyes were widen as he saw the results in front of him. A single year drop fall from his cheeks.

The clear liquid turned into bright shade of golden. The proof of ancient mages. Then he added a drop of blood from a small bottle. That golden liquid turned into turquoise instead of red.

"Oh god" he couldn't believe his eyes. The test showed a positive result which means she really is their daughter... Their blood.

He walked in front of a painting which was covered with a long black cloth. The man pulled the cloth to remove it from the painting. The cloth fall on the ground in a magestic way, revealing the painting.

The painting was of two people. The woman had magenta hair which reached her waist and her golden eyes which looked like melted gold. Beside her stood a man with black hair and turquoise eyes, such a beautiful shade of green and blue.

"I can't believe it... You had a child, that even i didn't know of." the man said as he touched the painting. Feeling wronged by his brother.

"I am going to protect her, no matter what" he said as he narrowed his eyebrows. He won't lose her as he lost them.

....

It's been two days since roxanne knew about penelope's reincarnation. Roxanne told penelope about her past and how much the story have progressed. But she didn't tell Penelope about her brother.

"What about you?" Roxanne asked penelope. Hearing that penelope sighed.

"Well it was a otome game which was very popular that time. Lady's love project" Penelope explained. "In that game i am the villainess whose ending was always death" she said as she smiled sadly. She turned to roxanne.

"The villainess was the adopted daughter of the duke or you can say a substitute of his real daughter." When Penelope said this roxanne face turned into a guilty one.

"At first i thought she was evil but when i played her route.... I come to know that she was so much like my original self, though later on i got friends who supported me no matter what, but she got no one...no one"  penelope didn't know why but the word no one really hurted alot. It was painful.

Roxanne held penelope's hand break her from her thoughts. "Oh how silly of me, i was suppose to tell u the story plot. And i started my own story" Penelope scratched her neck while smiling nervously.

Roxanne hugged Penelope and patted her back. "I can understand the feeling but i got my mother and brot... Don't worry your not alone, i am always with you" Penelope's eyes widen with roxanne hugged her. It was totally unexpected.

"How nice of you sister" an unexpected cold voice make the two of the startled.
Roxanne moved from the hug and looked at the boy hatefully. Of course she knew who he was... Her brother's killer.

To be continued ~