Chapter XV

"How nice of you sister" an unexpected cold voice makes the two of the startled.
Roxanne moved from the hug and looked at the boy hatefully. Of course she knew who he was... Her brother's killer.

Roxanne hissed in rage as she saw dion in front of her. She never really liked Dion because he was just a puppet used by lant. His emotionless eyes, void of any emotions, send chills down her spine but after he killed her brother, her dislike toward him turned in hatred and anger.

" It was wonderful talking with you. Let's catch up later" roxanne smiled at Penelope and stood from her seat. Without wasting any minute, she walks past Dion, without even acknowledging his presence.

Penelope sweatdropped watching the tense atmosphere between the two siblings.
'i wonder how these two were able to have a conversation in the future '

Penelope shuddered as she felt a hand on her shoulder, breaking her from her thoughts. She turned her head only to meet with a pair of crimson eyes.

"Umm...how was your day?" She asked nervously, trying to start a conversation. Dion didn't respond, he just stared at her, making Penelope even more nervous.

Dion placed himself on the couch, opposite to Penelope. Once again Penelope was unable to tell what the boy was thinking. She opened her mouth to say something, but before that Dion spoke.

"From tomorrow you will be taking classes." Dion said as he bored his eyes on Penelope.

"Classes?" Penelope asked in confusion. She remembered the classes that was given to children of the Agriche household. Sword art, poison, weapons and even seduction.

She remembered that roxanne had to learn arts of seduction because she had no martial art skill. She was mentally screaming think about it. She knows that Penelope's body was weak dur to not having proper meals. She looked at Dion, trying to calm herself down.

"What...what kind of classes will i be taking" she questioned Dion with a calm voice but mentally she was panicking. What will her life be like .

"I have no idea" Dion said.
'huh?' Penelope tilt her head dumbfoundedly.

"We don't know what you abilities are and if you have any talent in weapon art" dion said as he saw Penelope's confused expression.

"Ohh...i see" Penelope sighed in relief.
'damn i was scared for nothing' her body which was stiff a moment ago, relaxed.

She lifted her head to take a look of Dion, only to find him staring at her.
'what does he want' Penelope sweatdropped when she saw the teen staring at her. She felt like his stare was piercing her soul.

A moment later Dion stood up and walk toward Penelope. When he reached infront of her, he bent down, cageing Penelope between him and the couch.

Even if Dion was in his early teen years, he was much taller than Penelope. So he towered over her easily, covering her in his shadow.

"Cry" he said. Penelope frozed while smiling, did she heard it wrong. Soon she felt Dion's hand on her left cheek, softly caressing her cheek with his thumb.

"You look beautiful when you cry" soon Penelope could feel Dion's finger below her left eye. She was scared. Millions of thoughts filled her head.

"Why" word escaped her mouth. Even Penelope was shocked from her own self. How can she say it out loud. She wanted to beat her stupid self up.

" I want to see emotions" Dion tilted his head as if he have not said anything weird just now. His face was still void of any emotions but something was off about it.

Penelope remembered from the manhwa that Dion was obsessed with roxanne. He wanted her to cry for him.
His parents never treated him as a child. Lant saw him as his puppet and Maria thought he was useless and she ignores his presence.

At that moment, Penelope really felt sorry for him, the same feeling she had when she was reading the manhwa.

Penelope moved her hand to Dion's head thoughtlessly. Though she was scared of what she was doing right now, she didn't mind it. Even as Lillian she wanted to do this. Pat Dion's head and comfort him.

Dion, on the other hand, was startled from the sudden touch. He didn't expect her to touch him. He could sense her discomfort whenever he was around her and he knew she wouldn't touch him. But this shocked him.

Even if he was shocked, he liked the touch on his hair. It felt...nice. Not only that, he felt something in his stomach, a feeling he have never felt before. But he liked it...no... He wants it.

"Oo-ohh i am sorry" Penelope quickly retracted her hand when she came back to her senses. She glanced somewhere else but didn't dare to look at Dion. Soon she felt him moving away and she sighed.
'i have been sighing a lot these day haaaa'

She closed her eyes to calm her fastly beating heart down. But suddenly she felt weight on her knees. Quickly she turned, only to find Dion's head on her knees.

"Do that again" he said as he gently holds Penelope's waist and put the palm of her hand on his head. Penelope finched due to the sudden contact with Dion.

'huh!?!' Penelope was greatly surprised. This person in the manhwa never really shows and emotions. But right now what she was seeing complete shooked her.
'Dion Agriche is asking me to pat his head'

Hesitately, she slowly started to caress his hair. To be honest his hair was so soft that she wanted to keep touching it. Right now she was able to observe his face more clearly.

Pale skin, thick lashes accompanied with dark circles under his eyes. Dion looked really tired in Penelope's eyes.
She wanted him to be loved, to smile.

Penelope's eyes were determined. No one in this family is mentally or emotionally stable. She really want to help everyone but she knows that it is a very difficult task. Way too difficult

.................................................................

Hey everyone,

Sorry for not posting more chapters for a few months. My exams just finished and here i am. I am back!!

Now tbh, i feel like i lost my habit of writing. I, myself, feel like this chapter sucks. I wanted to show some cute moments of Dion and Penelope. But i feel like it's weird (⁠─⁠.⁠─⁠|⁠|)

But thank you for reading my story so far. Ik i am not that good in writing but i will try my best.

❤️