chapter 23

Roxanne pov:-

'I-i killed him, i killed ashil'
I looked at my trembling bloodied  hand, tears gushing from my eyes.
"I am a monster, i killed my brother. H-he died again. "

I...i can't breathe, my chest is hurting me as if it's begging for air. How...how can I hurt the person who loved me so much.

No one, absolutely no one can take my pain away. It hurts...it hurts so much.
My body fell on the floor, bring my knees to my chest, i sobbed uncontrollably.

My eyes went to the doll that he gave to me.

"Happy Birthday, Roxanne. Look what I got for you"
YOU KILLED HIM!!

My eyes widen, it seemed like the doll yelled at me, saying that i killed my brother.

I sat up and panicked, i frantically turned my head around. This room, it's filled with all the things he gave to me.

Every item, every single one of them, remind me of him. His gentle and innocent eyes, a soft smile, kind nature. Surely he got every features of an angel.
The angel born in hell.

He didn't deserve to die, he should have lived. He should have lived a perfect and happy life. Far away from this place, far away from evil.

'I need to get rid of all of these things.' I quickly stood up and ran towards the doll throwing it across the room, away from my sight.

Then one by one i kept throwing all the stuff he bought away, away from my sight, but....but these voice won't stop!!
The won't stop!!

"You like this book right?"
WHY DID YOU KILL ME!!

" I bought this necklace for you, the gem have the same colour as your eyes. Pretty, isn't it"
I LOVED YOU SO MUCH!! AND YOU KILLED ME!!

"Roxanne, my pretty little sister"
WHAT DID I EVER DO WRONG TO YOU!!

"Roxanne..."
"Roxanne..."
"Roxanne..."
"Roxanne..."

"Stop!! Stopp!!! Ahhhhh!" My ear kept hearing his voice. Him calling me. My head feels like it's about you burst.
"Please.... please someone stop it, please " my vision blurred because of the tears which filled my eyes.

Suddenly, all the voices stop. Nothing, i couldn't hear anything, not a single voice. I raised my head, only to find myself infront of a mirror.

My reflection on the mirror seemed ragged. Red puffy eyes, hairs all messed up and tangled, tear stains were clearly visible on my cheeks.

"Roxanne~" a sweet voice called my name. I knew exactly to whom that voice belongs to.

In the mirror, the reflection of blond locks were visible. Not my long hair but shorter hair. In the mirror, a pair of arms hugged my shoulders from behind.

A head proped from behind me. Blond hair and same blue eyes. Ashil, my brother stood behind me, smiling gently at me. He wasn't hurt, not even a little bit. But his eyes, the were cold, they held no emotions. His smile was different, not the same as he used to have.

Something was different about him, very different. Suddenly his smile vanished and blood started dripping from head. His previously white shirt, was stained with red blood.

" Why did you do that, Roxanne" the blood started to fall more and more, coloring her light colour dress red.

"Did i do something wrong" one of his eyes disappeared, as he started crying blood. My breathe became more and more rag.

"Save me Roxanne!" My eyes widen, my brother's body fell on the ground, struggling, just like a fish out of water. His body keeps on twisting in the direction it shouldn't turn to. Blood started to flow out of his mouth.

"No...no... Please no!" I started to step backward. I covered my eyes, unable so see the sight infront of me any longer.

Everything in front of me started to fade. My chest and head feels so heavy that i can't even stand. My back hit the wall, as i slide down on the ground, covering my eyes and ears. I bring my knees to my chest. Burying my head in my knees.

"No! No! No!" My voice grew louder evrt second. Everything is turning black, i can't see anything. I am unable to think straight.
'someone, anyone help me'
More and more tears fall from my eyes.

"ROXANNE!!" a new voice called her. Not the voice of my brother, no, a girl's voice. Soon i felt warm, as if someone hugged me, conforted me.

I open my eyes and raised my head. Magenta hair covered my face. I turned my head a little to see the person. It's her. A stranger, a outsider. The voices stopped, i could hear my breath and the girls.

I looked around the room, only the stuff were thrown around, nothing else.
"Shhhh, it's alright. You're okay now" she whispered in my ears. 

Her hug grew tight around my body, as her hand patted my back. Just by this action i began to cry. My hand clenched the clothes of her back. My head on her shoulder, making the girl's clothes wet, but i didn't care. I cried and cried as she kept patting my back all night.

••••

Penelope pov:-

Last night i wasn't able to sleep a wink. Uncle broke the bad news to me.

Laila, goddess of darkness. Our mortal enemy and my parents killer. But how is she awake. She was sealed a long time ago. Did someone realise her or did she break free

"I have to be careful from now on"

I make my way to Roxanne's room but found roxanne and aunt serria, her mom in the hall way.

Aunt serria wore a white gown, perfectly hugging her body. She really good like a saintess.

Although i wasn't able to hear clearly, but judging by their expressions, the talk was not good. Aunt serria stood there are roxanne went inside her room.

"Hello aunty" i greeted her, giving her a smile, which she returned.

"Hello Penelope, how are you doing?"
"I am fine, aunt. I have something to talk with roxanne about, so please excuse me"

I start to walk to Roxanne's room, when aunty serria grabbed my hand. Her face was laced with worry a d nervousness.

"Please Penelope, can you take care of roxanne for me" i could see the worry and pain in her eyes.

"After losing ashil, i can't afford to lose roxanne too" i held her hand. Her eyes showed how nervous she was.

"I am gonna take care of everyone her, so please don't worry "

To be continued ~