"What the...." Murmurs from everyone mixed together, power swirled around us and swords were unsheathed. 

"Damien...." Lucien cautiously stepped forward.

His grin widened, "You're still so good at strategizing. When did you find out, Carelea?"

 Ah, he used my real name. 

Melida and Micah straightened, recognizing the threat while I cast a quick spell so  nothing that happened in this room would affect the ones outside.

I shrugged as if I couldn't give a damn. Whereas in truth I'd worked on this issue since I arrived here. And once I'd seen Damien again, it pained me each time when I saw his eyes darken and his soul dampen.

"It's been a while, Killian."

Everyone's hackles rose, eyes flying between us but I couldn't afford losing attention.

The son of Lucifer hummed, "I'm disappointed that it took you so much time." Then he leaned forward as if sharing a secret, "But then I realized why you waited so long. Britt's doing good work."

Of course she was.

This was a spell her bloodline cast on Damien and no one but her could thus undo it. To think that it'd been three hundred years since Kesla plotted and allied with Killian so thoroughly that she slowly made him complacent through the use of dark blood magic made me shudder on the inside.

It wasn't hard to figure out and once Britt did accept to fueling the magic so that Killian's soul could use Damien as a vessel until he could manage to manifest into a body himself confirmed all my doubts.

I gave her everything she needed to undo the spell.

And the last strike was my blood. Killian would take the bait because a taste of my blood would strengthen him further and I had to risk it.

But at the same time it would be what tied Britt's spell on the vodoo doll of Damien to the actual human. Plus, Damien wouldn't be able to resist the call of the SoulBond and my blood. That's why he had to drink from me.

Each kiss was calculated.

And I knew Xander would catch us.

In order to avoid a confrontation with Killian on my own where there would be a change of being overpowered, I decided to strike a few marks in one go. Damien would be taken care of and I'd have support from the room full of supernaturals in case something wen wrong.

"The Witch Queen hm? Such powerful spells you use. So many counter-measures in place to hide who you are." He chuckled, his face indiscernible, just moving darkness and misty whites swirling in them.

I narrowed my eyes, my power escaping and forming a shield around everyone. "I thought you had enough self-respect to not resort to such petty methods. Or is it because you're too weak?""

"Weak. Such a funny word when associated with the two of us, no?" He chuckled cruelly and I hated how the eyes and the chiseled face I had to look at was Damien's. "Since when did I have care for things like self-respect and honor, Carelea?" He mocked, "But then you already knew. It's commendable how you've played this game of strategies. You're still better than Kesla."

Damien's eyes were entirely black now and he was half in the air, floating and releasing a pungent demonic, Sulphur scent.

"I loathe you."

"You're so weak though. Don't entertain ideas of a win." He ignored my caustic remark and chuckled. Midnight black hair whipped in the wind and just like that I knew Arion had wrapped invisible shackles around Damien's body. "Your circle despises you. You kept them in the dark for their benefit, no? But oh look, you'll be the one to pay the price. Just. Like. Last. Time."