Born

Jacob sighs. He thinks he will never see his son again. Tears roll down his eyes, even though he attempts to stop the tears.

He calls Amelia. It goes to voicemail.

Jacob sighs.

The number you're looking for is not in reach, please leave a voicemail.

"Hello, Amelia. Please reply. I need to talk, with you."

Jacob then stops the call. He doesn't know what else he can even say, he's been very upset, like the rest of the family, but, he's planning to do his hardest.

He's once again stuck in traffic.

It's going to be a while for him.

He goes on his phone and enters his passcode.

He goes to the photo app.

He slowly drives through the traffic, making sure to pay attention. While also scrolling. Eventually, he gets to 2011. On the fourth of July.

There is many videos but one stands out.

A 4-year old Dylan is messing around with his sparklers and almost hits Jacob, but he moves out on time. It's very cute.

He goes back to the beginning of the video and pauses when he's about to almost hit Jacob.

He takes a photo of it. And makes it his wallpaper on his phone. He looks further still focusing on the road. He goes all the way back to July 23, 2007, the day Dylan was born.

He watches a video, which includes a younger Amelia, a young Jacob, and a very young Sophia, who's only 1 year old.

In the video, Amelia is in tears of happiness.

"Is this thing on?" Amelia asks.

"Yes" Jacob says.

The video Jacob is watching is made for memories, he hasn't seen it in many years.

"I just gave birth, it was hard, but I have a new baby."

Tears of joy roll down her face.

"What should we name him?"

"Well... I thought it was a girl so I was gonna name the baby Ella" Jacob says.

"But... I also thought of the name Jack."

"I think that's to common, honey."

"Well you're right."

"I kind of want it to maybe stick out a little bit."

"Well... this name is common but a little more rare than the name Jack."

"What is it?"

"How about the name Dylan?"

"That would be great!"

"Is that the new baby" the young Sophia says.

"Yes, it is! Would you like to hold him?"

"Can I hold the new baby, daddy?"

"Yeah, just not for too long, I don't want you to drop him."

"Okay, thanks daddy."

"You're welcome."

Sophia then holds the baby.

Like most babies when there born, the newborn Dylan, will cry."

Dylan cries as Sophia holds him.

"Why is he crying, daddy?"

"Oh. Well... babies do that when they're born, including you, mommy, and I."

"Oh okay."

"Can I have the baby back?" Amelia asks.

"Please give the baby back to mommy."

"Okay!"

Sophia gives the baby back to Amelia.

The video then ends.

Jacob sighs, very sad, he wants his family to continue, but it's hard for him, to not see either of his children be his baby boy or girl anymore. He know how serious this situation is, and he is very sad.

Jacob then goes even further to a year earlier. March 18, 2006. The day Sophia is born.

Once again, tears of joy are down both of there eyes.

"Is it on?" Amelia once again asks.

"Yeah" Jacob says.

All the videos and photos on the phone are old and new memories, for them to cherish for generations.

"I just got a baby, I never thought I could be this happy for something, but I am."

"What should we name the baby?"

"What about Mary?"

"I don't know, weirdly I'd like a different name for the baby."

"Alright... what about Sarah?"

"I don't know about that... wait!"

"What?"

"How about the name Sophie?"

"That sounds like a lovely name."

"Maybe Sophie can be a nickname! What about the name Sophia?"

"That sounds great!"

"Then we have the name!"

The traffic finally is gone, and Jacob drives away.