Chapter 29

Early in the morning the sun was rising over the horizon. Many country frogs were up to do their duties. Anne was outside on a blanket, enjoying a cup of tea with a tired but satisfied look on her face. Y/N was laying his head on a stump with his eyes closed and a piece of wheat in his mouth.

Anne took a sip of her drink and let out a sigh of relief. Sprig hopped over to the two with something behind his back.

Sprig: "Guys! Guys! Guys! Gu-" He was cut off when Anne held up her finger while using her free hand to take a sip of her tea. After finishing, she gave the young frog the okay to continue.

Sprig: "Guys! Guys! Guys! Look what I found! A Blue Moon Shell!" He brought it out and showed it to the two teens.

Anne: "Pretty…"

Y/N: "Neat." He said while holding up an okay sign.

Sprig: "Yup! And you know who's  gonna live it? Ivy! Tomorrow's her birthday. And this is the perfect gift."

Y/N: "Nice. I just gotta put the finishing touches on my gift and wrap it."

Hop Pop walked out of the house while Polly was on his head.

Hop Pop: "Morning kids! Time to start the chores." He took notice of the shell and gasped.

Hop Pop: "Whoa! Is that a Blue Moon Shell? Beautiful! You know, some frogs die never having seen one."

Polly: "Suckers!"

Hop Pop: "Anyway, enough dilly dallying. Chore time! Bessie's waste ain't gonna shovel itself." He, Polly, and Y/N put on a gas mask and walked over to the barn.

Sprig: "Well, don't wanna get this thing dirty." He put a napkin on the shell while leaving it on the fence.

Anne: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're just gonna leave that there? Someone's gonna steal it."

Sprig: "No, they won't. This is Wartwood, Anne, not some den of thieves."

Anne: "You can at least cover it up or something."

Sprig: "I will do no such thing! I trust my community. And frankly, Anne, I pity you for not trusting yours."

Anne: *Okay, okay, sheesh."

Hop Pop: "Kids, get your butts over here! Otherwise Y/N will be getting a better treat than both of you!"

Anne and Sprig: "Coming, Hop Pop!" They put on their own gas masks and ran over to the barn.

Two hours of cleaning Bessie's stable, the two teens and frog walked over to the fence.

Sprig: "Glad that's over with."

Anne: "Well, I'm scarred for life."

Y/N: "Eh. That ain't nothing compared to what I've seen at the farms back home. Hey, wasn't there supposed to be a Blue Moon Shell here?"

Sprig looked at the fence and had a panicked look on his face. "What?! The shell! I've been robbed!"

Anne: "Well, I don't wanna tell you, "I told you-"

Y/N: "Not the time Anne. Just look at him."

Sprig was a sobbing mess. "Ivy's birthday is tomorrow, and I've got nothing." He started sobbing harder.

Anne: "Okay, first, calm down. Second, maybe we can track this theif down. Quick. Look for clues."

Y/N: "Found one." He said while picking up a piece of red thread.

Anne: "Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

Sprig: "Oh, that's just waxed yarn. They sell it at the Grub and Go."