Chapter 28

Anne, Sprig, Polly, and Y/N were just coming back from the market carrying bags of groceries. Once they made it home Anne opened the front door.

Anne: "Hey, Hop Pop! Got the groceries!"

Polly: "Couldn't buy much since we've barely got any money left."

Sprig: "Feeling any better, Hop Pop?"

Hop Pop: "No… Ever since we lost the stand I've just felt, well, lost. I was fine the first couple of days, but it's starting to catching up with me." He then picked up an old picture of himself.

Anne: "Well, maybe this will cheer you up. Pa-pow!" She pulled out a help wanted flier.

Sprig: "The Grub-N-Go's hiring greeters! All you gotta do is smile and be friendly.

Hop Pop: "Just another job for me to lose."

Y/N picked him up from the couch. "We're going to get you cleaned up first."

Anne: "Now head out there and get back in the game."

Y/N started walking upstairs while Hop Pop was trying to get out of his grasp.

Hop Pop: "Lemme go! The couch is the only one who understands me!"

Y/N: "Nope. You gotta set an example for the kids Hop Pop."

Later Hop Pop was at Grub-N-Go to get the greeters job, while Y/N was there for moral support. Y/N was outside on his phone until he heard the door to the store open.

Male Frog: "Thank you, Me Plantar. Don't call us, we'll call you."

Y/N put his phone away and looked at Hop Pop. "Sounds like it went well."

The two started making their way back home until a loud noise caught their attention. They walked over to the source of the noise to reveal a crowd of frogs gathered around, talking about something.

Hop Pop: "What's all this rabble?"

Wally: "Sign-ups for the election! You been living under a rock? Cause I have and even I know that."

Hop Pop: "Elections?" He asked himself a bit intrigued.

Mayor Toadstool: "Vote Mayor Toadstool! If re-elected, I will always look out for the little guy."

Toadie got on all fours to act as a stepping stool for Toadstool, so he could get on his snail. Toadie got off from the floor and hopped on, before it rode off fast, as a kid coughed from the dust it left behind. Y/N walked over to the kid and handed him a bottle of cola with a smile.

Hop Pop scoffed at Mayor Toadstool's "promise." "Some mayor, he is. That guy keeps raising our taxes, and what do we get to show for it? Our snail-ways are a mess. Our buildings are falling apart. Heck, Y/N had to rebuild the schoolhouse with his own money after last year's millipede incident!"

Felicia: "Am I crazy, or is he making sense?"

Hop Pop: "Maybe we need a mayor who looks out for the people he's mayoring. Cause ours, well… He's only looking out for himself. Anyways, good afternoon, everybody." He and Y/N turn to walk away.

Wally: "I nominate Hopediah Plantar for Mayor!"

Felicia: "I second that!"

Frog 1: "I third that."

Frog 2: "Let's hear it for Hopediah!'

Frog 3: "Sounds good to me."

Felicia: "Hop Pop for Mayor, everyone."

Everyone started cheering and applauding for Hop Pop as he and Y/N turned around to look at the crowd.

Hop Pop: "Huh?"