Chapter 5

Anne and Sprig were in the front of the house while Y/N had his phone out ready to record.

Y/N: "You guys ready?"

Anne: "Yup. Sprig, you set 'em up."

Sprig: "And you knock 'em down." He jumped into a hole in the ground while Y/N was recording and Anne was waiting for someone.

Anne: "Come on, come on."

One of the holes started shaking as Sprig threw out a brown bug with wings. It let out a shriek as Anne raised her racket back and yelled, "Back hand!" It sent the bug flying away while she leaned on the racket and watched it fly away as Sprig popped his head out of the ground from one of the holes. I grabbed him from his shirt, lifting him out of the ground.

Sprig: "Nice swing!"

Anne: "I was on varsity."

Sprig: "I have no idea what that means!"

Y/N: "And I got it all on video."

We all did our friendship handshake. We laughed as Wally was walking by playing his accordion when he saw us. "A frog child and two monsters from the woods getting along, so unnatural."

Anne: "Pssh, of course we get along. We're Sprig, Y/N, and Anne!"

Sprig and Y/N: "Best friends til the end!"

Wally: "... disgusting." He resumed playing the accordion while walking away.

Then we heard screaming coming from inside the house.

Anne: "Was the Hop Pop?"

Sprig: "Sounds like he's in trouble!"

We ran inside and saw the door to the basement open. We ran down and saw that the whole thing was flooded.

Anne: "Whoa, what happened here?"

Y/N: "No my stuff!"

Sprig then bent down closer to the water. "Hop Pop?"

Suddenly Hop Pop came out of the water, startling Sprig. "Stay back! Darned burrow bugs must have chewed the water pipes!'

Anne: "Our room, our stuff!"

Hop Pop: "Don't worry, I saved your guy's stuff." He then put down our bags on the steps. "Except your beds, blankets, and your pillows, pencils, T-shirts, hairbrush."

Y/N: "Are my rocks okay?"

Hop Pop: "Yes, they haven't moved from their spot."

Anne: "Just how long till it's fixed?"

Hop Pop: "Well, gotta find the leak then patch it up good."

Sprig: "Oh, let me help." He tried to jump in the water but Hop Pop caught him in the air before he could make it in the water.

Hop Pop: "Oh no, ya don't. This here's river water. No telling what creepy critters are swimming around."

Anne: "So where are we gonna sleep?"

Hop Pop: "Well the living room ain't no palace but the couch it comfy."

Sprig: "Uh hello, bleh." He used his tongue to swing on a pipe and landed between Anne and Y/N while wrapping his arms around our legs. "Anne and Y/N can bunk with me in my room. How much fun will that be?"

Anne: "Roommates, heck ya!"

Y/N: "I'm alright with the idea."

Hop Pop: "I don't know, being friends is one thing but roommates. You think you know someone until they're in your space and you in theirs and you can't stand how they whistle all the time and they complain whenever you clean your web crusties out. Yes I have to do it in our room, it has the best lighting! My point is...oh you're still here."