Chapter 23

At town, the gang were standing next to a wall with a cart of vegetables with them.

Hop Pop: "Now kids, just cause we lost the family stand doesn't mean we can't sell our produce out of a janky wheelbarrow."

Anne: "This...this is pretty sad."

Polly: "Agreed."

Sprig: "Ah, criminal activity excitement!" He said putting on a three holed beanie.

Hop Pop: "Take that off! This is perfectly legal!" He said, snatching his beanie.

Anne: "Then why are we hiding in an alley?" She asked while looking out for the frogs passing by, doing their own thing.

Hop Pop: "Uh...stop asking questions and follow my lead."

He sneaked out the alley and tapped on a random frog's shoulder.

Hop Pop *whisper*: "Psst lady, wanna buy an eggplant...?"

The frog turned around as Hop Pop looked at her shocked.

Female frog: "Hoppy!"

Hop Pop: "What!? Sylvia!?"

Anne: "Hoppy...?"

Y/N: "Ooh, a twist. What will happen next?"

Sylvia: "Come here you sweet potato." She said hugging him.

Hop Pop: "I-I thought you had moved away?"

Sylvia: "Yup, but I'm back in town. Now let's take a look at your veggies."

Hop Pop blushed and sweats as Sylvia walked over to the cart and began to inspect the vegetables. She picked up one that strangely looked like Hop Pop.

Sylvia: "Oh I'll take this one. I've always had a soft spot for the weird ones." She said with a wink.

Hop Pop was a blushing and sweating mess as he started stammering.

Sylvia: "Well I better be going, goodbye Hoppy." She took out a copper coin and put it in Hop Pop's coat pocket before hugging him goodbye.

Hop Pop: "Uh...uh...goodbye Sylvia..." He watched her walk out of the alley and let out a sigh.

Anne: "Hop Pop you dog!"

Y/N: "Pero!"

Hop Pop: "Huh...?"

Sprig: "What's happening...?"

Polly: "What's going on?"

Anne: "Hop Pop is clearly in love."

Sprig and Polly's eyes slowly widened.

Sprig: "What?"

Polly: "I didn't think that was possible!"

Hop Pop: "Am not..! Okay, maybe a little."

Anne: "Ooh, you should tell her how you feel!"

Hop Pop: "I wish I could but you saw how I was back there. I have trouble even putting sentences together...I wish there was another way to let Sylvia know how I feel..."

The sound of loud hammering could be heard as we looked at the alley to see a crowd of frogs.

Hop Pop: "Hmm...kids. Watch the wheelbarrow for a sec..." Hop Pop walked towards the crowd and saw Toadie nailing up a giant paper on the message board.

Toadie: "Dance Fever! With family fun! Shenanigans! Romance! Tonight from 6:00 p.m till hmm...?" He shrugged his shoulders and hopped off the ladder.

Hop Pop hummed and rubbed his chin until he heard Sylvia speak up in the crowd.