Chapter 48: Womb of the Usurper

September 21, 4021 12:15 [Jade Temple- Heavenly Stage]

How had Kaluza managed to mimic different Traits so well? Indra wondered what the basis of Kaluza's Trait mutation was.

"His attributes have not changed since the match with the wolf. He is simply using the skill from that match to elevate his basic abilities. To acquire such power would need a tremendous amount of technical prowess and attention to detail. Despite his wild disposition, his focus seems to be razor-sharp. Stay alert," Usha warned.

He's been using a modified version of Impact this whole time?

"It appears so. Regardless, the level of discipline one would require in order to execute the fighting style of a vanquished foe is indeed an incredible feat."

Tengri taught him well...Indra narrowed his eyes. Wait, a minute. There's something weird about Kaluza's forms. The movements of a cheetah, a wolf, and now a bird? He hasn't been mimicking just one person!

"The cheetah and the bird—"

He must've copied the skillset from training with Móhú and Tengri. His second form is from facing Garou, but how is he able to mimic the abilities so well?

"He has only copied fighting styles and movements. I suspect he has been gathering data from the physical encounters themselves. Every time you attack, he has been analyzing your moves to add to his arsenal," Usha deduced.

Indra jumped back, creating some distance between him and Kaluza. He released an array of ink beads around the arena.

"Petal Four: Dark Particle Theory."

He retreated into the array, launching a flurry of attacks. Employing Kaluza's tactics, Indra incorporated feints into his combos. He struck Kaluza in a disorganized manner at varying intervals, catching him off guard with a difficult-to-read pattern. Kaluza swiped aimlessly at Indra, making a vain attempt to fend off the barrage of attacks.

"There it is! The move Indra used in the semi-finals! Kaluza's being pushed back!" Grisha pointed out.

Indra felt confident in his current position, continuing his assault on Kaluza, hoping to break him down quickly. That is until he suffered a massive strike to the jaw. Kaluza's fist came out of nowhere, sending Indra tearing through the scaffolding. He lay at the bottom of the Heavenly Stage, rubbing his mandible, hoping it would help numb the pain.

Kaluza appeared before him without any indication. Indra couldn't detect his movements in the slightest, confused as his opponent grabbed him by the throat and threw him around the arena.

Pieces of flesh were gouged from Indra's body in rapid succession as Kaluza's finger talons continued to eviscerate him. Holes pockmarked his abdomen and arms, too great in number for Indra to stem the bleeding completely.

He grit his teeth, bewildered by Kaluza's sudden change in speed. He had always been fast, but not to this extent. Before, Indra had been able to react to his quick movements by relying on reflex alone, but even that option was no longer viable. It was like their first match all over again.

Kaluza cackled, striking Indra in the face again. "What do you think? It's finally complete! You won't be able to get out of it this time!"

Indra's eyes widened. His opponent's words had given him clarity. Kaluza had activated his Domain. Indra used Null once more, extending thin threads of Shakti to search for a weakness in the construction of Kaluza's Domain. He grimaced, taking another blow to the chest. He searched to no avail, dismayed by his findings. There were no flaws in the structural integrity of Kaluza's Domain. It was perfect and fully realized.