16. A New Start

March 3rd

Dear Journal,

It's been about a month since Monica, and I broke up. She has been painting the town red with my older brother Jermaine. Joseph had to break up a fight between the two of us recently. He reminded me not to let a woman get in between our brotherhood.

He should've reminded my brother about that before he took my woman. During the last stages of our relationship, they had an ongoing affair. My heart has gone cold ever since I watched them announce to my family that they are together.

The wedding ring I had for her is now sold to a jeweler, I didn't need it burning a hole in my pocket anymore. I have been struggling with my focus at work. It seems everyone around me has love in their lives... Charlotte, who must have the best man since he flashed, mobbed her at school to propose, well they are expecting, and she has invited everyone to her baby shower... Lucky for her and her chump... I guess I am destined to be alone.... Screw Love and everyone who has it....

Present Day

Sariah's Point of View:

Michael has been so jealous lately since Malcolm became my physical therapist. He never let us be alone during sessions, even if he is not present. Many times, he has had either Liz, Nayelli, or even Neima sit with me during the times he was busy. Worse off, he would watch and have opinions, which he would say them through the intercom.

To say I was embarrassed was the least of it. However, it's been about a month since we started, and now I can wiggle all my toes and even stand for forty-five seconds. Michael had us celebrate the achievements with dinners and cute date ideas. He even got a projector set up, and we had a movie night.

"Angel, are you ready for me to help with your stretches?" Michael calls out to me as I sit in the library reading a book. It was one of these classical fiction books he recommended.

I didn't scream back out because I knew like a moth to a flame. He would come to me, and within moments, I felt his soft lips pressed against my cheek.

"Enjoying your book?" He asked me as I had my head pressed up against the couch.

"Hm, yeah. But let's do my stretches, Malcolm said that he is confident I will take strides in tomorrow's session." I say, placing the book down.

"Hm, well, I know that's what you really want. But Angel, you don't need to rush, okay? I don't want you to over-exert yourself. You will be running again in no time. I know it. Just take your time." Michael says, and I sigh.

"Michael, I am going to be dancing with you on your birthday in four weeks, okay?" I assured him as he nodded, smiling as we worked on my stretches, and I slowly realized how much feeling I was getting back in my legs since the accident.

"So how old are you turning?" I asked him, and he smirked.

"Fifty-one, but in my heart, you got me feeling like I am fifteen." He says, and I smile.

"You know what else is special about next month?" I asked him.

"What?"

"I can finally release all of this sexual tension with you." I say, scooting closer and kissing his lips. I wanted him so bad, and it was crippling not having him all this time.

"Angel, you moved on your own!" He broke the kiss, and I hadn't realized.

"Huh?" I say dumbfounded as he kisses me deeply.