2. Care-Plan

February 14th

Dear Journal,

Today is the anniversary of my break-up to my ex-lover. It is also Saint Valentines Day. Why does love suck? It's been a little over a month since we started treatment for my cancer. I can't believe I am saying this, I have cancer. I hate how tired Chemo makes me feel. Worse off, this will be my last semester teaching. I can't torture my students watching me die like this. I have also decided to move to New York. Not the polluted city but upstate where I can die in nature.

Why the sudden decision to move? Because I want to just die already... it has nothing to do with my ex-lover announcing her engagement to another man. Lucky bastard she is going to break his heart before they reach the altar. She broke mines on the biggest day for love ever display socially. She broke my heart and ran into his arms. The saying how you get them is how you lose them, is a load of shit. I met her at a party underneath a disco ball. I didn't lose her underneath a disco ball, I lost her on the front doorstep of my house while her new lover waited in the car.

Love stinks and bitches are worse...Well I move to New York at the end of June....Elizabeth is moving out there for a six-month Broadway debut. She always harped on how talented I was. But I told her I rather teach music, philosophy, and writing to inner city children to give them a chance, than to become a megastar. Yeah, I have the money of a megastar because of all the businesses my family and I created. I did have two albums I did a while back, but I chose to take a different path. I saw how money changed people, just look at my brother the big music executive. I rather do something more positive with my time and enlightening. By the way, I heard those type of people gets no privacy at all...I also hear they remain alone...Maybe I should have been one since I am alone now...Monica left me for stardom and grace something she thought I would have...Maybe she would have stayed if I had some.... Who will ever know......

Fuck Valentine's Day!!!!

Present Day

Sariah's Point of View:

"Sariah!!!" I hear Nayeli's voice yelling as my I had my head underneath the covers. We went to the concert last night and it was everything. It wasn't front row, but it was still amazing, and I was close enough to imagine Kendrick singing directly to me.

I am lucky to have the best-friend that I have. For many they would have still been waiting to get tickets for the concert. Even more lucky for me I got to see him while he still had dates in New York. Tomorrow night is his last night here in New York so today would have been the deadline for me to win tickets.

"Sariah..." I hear her voice closer now and from the drinks and dancing I was tired and a bit hungover.

"Yeli not now...I need sleep..." I say pulling the covers further over my head.

"Riah it's important I need a huge favor..." She says and I sigh. Sitting up the sun knocks me back a bit as Nayeli had open up my curtains.

"Damn can you warn a bitch first Yeli?" I say grabbing my sunglasses to shield my eyes.

"You are a drama queen sometimes I swear Riah. Look you remember my godmother Elizabeth, right?" She says and I nod rubbing my head.

"Well, she has to leave tonight for Los Angeles, it's for work. So, she needed for a nurse to come and take care of her sick friend...." Nayeli says and I stop giving myself a scalp massage.

"Oh no, Yeli I told you no uppity white people please.... You know they can't take my attitude. I don't want to make you look bad Yeli spare me...." I say to her.