6. Roses and Violets Beautiful Like You

December 7th 

Dear Journal, 

I am approaching my first year of being sacked with cancer, I can't believe I made it this far... Surely, I thought I would be dead by now, that way I wouldn't have to hear about Monica and Jermaine's gender reveal. I have plans on thoroughly haunting those two once I make it to the other side. My misery and horrid actions won't let me see the pearly gates that I know. I have already been wavering faith in God for this predicament. I don't know what I have done to offend him, but I have started sending borderline offensive prayers to him hoping he turns deaf to those as he did my others. 

Liz says my sickness is making me miserable and I had to disagree, this is not only cancer's fault but the fault of my own flesh and blood and my supposed heart. They are married and creating life on the shards of my broken and betrayed heart. I have no ill will towards the baby, it's not her fault her conception came at the cost of her parents' deception. Yeah, Jermaine is having a girl, this makes his tenth kid he has now. Kudos to him and his oh so lovely wife on their bundle of joy.... But what about my bundle of misery? I am sucked with being alone and dying... He didn't call me to announce this gender reveal either... 

No, I found out on the television with the rest of the world, so much for feeling like a part of the family... He called me days later with a sad excuse and a favor, Jaafar and Jermajesty wanted to come and visit me for a few days while he and Monica took their last trip before she gives birth. Of course, I told him the kids are always welcomed and I look forward to their visit... Thanks Mike, I owe you one man... Yeah you do how about you change places with me, let me have your life and you take mine.... Those words never leaving my mouth... No saint-like me told him it was no problem and I congratulated him on the incoming baby... An awkward silence and a call from Monica in the background ended the conversation for us....

Things haven't been the same with us since those two got together and I fear it will never be the same. Jermaine knows it, Monica knows it and I know it... I just wish he would have waited for me to die before robbing me of a potential life, even if it was to be short lived....

I think I will try to keep the kids through to the holidays, I could use the company...it's the least he could do... It's the least the both of them could do....

Present Day 

Sariah's Point of View: 

"This garden was inspired by Bowood Gardens in Great Britain..." Michael says as he is walking in the gardens, no walker today. He said he had more energy, so he chose to take his cane and my hand. 

"Michael, you say it like I would know what that mean, I may know music but that's as far as I have ever traveled

"Michael, you say it like I would know what that mean, I may know music but that's as far as I have ever traveled. I have never been nowhere other than Atlantic City and the Hamptons." I confess to him, and he looks at me shocked.