Surprisingly, the zoo is not very busy today. Abhir and Anaira have Abhira running all around throughout the zoo seeing their favourite animals. They saw elephants, horses, and many more animals in the zoo. Anaira has almost convinced her father about having her pony. If it wasn't for Akshara then Abhimanyu would be ready to buy it for his princess.

Every time kids see an animal, they start cooing at it. They are having the time of their life. There is a penguin exhibit that Anaira is 'dying to see'. So they are sitting in the arena waiting for the exhibit to start. Anaira is sitting with Abhi and Abhir is with Akshara. They are so excited to see it.

Throughout the entire show, both kids' eyes were glued to the stage. Abhira is glancing at each other. Abhi holds Akshu's hand and squeezes it. He gives her a flying kiss. Akshu blushes. This man never misses an opportunity to romance her.

After the show, they all went to the gift shop. Anaira picks the penguin the size of her. Abhir picked the lion with the biggest mane ever. Even Akshu picks several plushies of pandas, giraffes and dinosaurs. She is a sucker for plushies. She is even crazier for it than kids. Abhi shook his head at her childishness, but this is also one of the qualities he loved about her.

After the zoo, Akshara decided to have a picnic in the park. The kids can play around and they can have their lunch at the park.

They all sat down on a red and white checkered sheet, starting to eat the delicious food they had all prepared in the kitchen during their fun morning. The kids are eating mini mac and cheese bites, sandwiches, mini hamburgers and apple slices. Abhira indulged in sandwiches, and hamburgers along with cottage cheese salad. Abhi will have healthy food only, so he doesn't let his wife go overboard with junk food even in the kid's diet.

They started playing around after lunch. For some time Akshara and Abhumanyu also played with them. They played soccer with them. After some time Abhi and Akshara sit on the sheet and let the kids enjoy on their own.

"Today has been perfect. We needed this" exclaimed Akshara. They have been so busy with their schedules that they can't give proper time to the children. So they decided to have this picnic to rejuvenate themselves.

Akshara turns her head and leans on Abhi. He is sitting behind her, with his legs outstretched on either side of her. His arms wrapped around her waist and her chin rested on her shoulders. Akshara had a jar of their favourite cranberry juice in hand. Every so often Abhi kisses her chin, shoulder or neck. Akshara turns her head and greets him with a dazzling smile. She pecks him and whispers 'I love you' in his ears. He mouths it back to her.

They are in their world when they hear their giggling kids coming towards them. They aren't slowing down and with full force jumped on their parents. All of them flop down on each other. Abhi at the bottom and Anaira on top. The kids laughing so hard. Abhi tickles Anaira and Abhir and every time flops down again to take a breath.

After, catching their breaths Anaira noticed the paddle boat and asked her parents to go in them. Abhi agrees instantly. They hire two paddle boats, Abhi with Anaira and Akshu with Abhir to maintain the balance of the boat. They paddled off around the whole lake twice. Akshu took millions of pictures of them. She even forced Abhi to take pictures. Giggles of the family fill in the air. Anaira pouts when her time on the boat ends. But Abhi pacifies her in a minute and takes her to click their family photograph. The family clicks so many pictures. Some of 4 of them, some of the kids only, some had only Abhira in it, some of the kids with their parents.

It was getting late so they packed up and went to their favourite restaurant for dinner. Abhi allowed his family to order pizza, fries, nuggets and shakes. According to Abhir, they are on a picnic today so the picnic food can be unhealthy. They can eat junk food occasionally just like they come for a picnic occasionally. Abhi had no counterargument for this so he let everyone indulge in their favourite food. The family also ate ice cream with brownies as their dessert without Abhi's winning.

Kids slept in the car while going home. Akshara picked Anaira in her arms and Abhi picked Abhir. They changed their clothes. They tuck the kids into their beds.

"Mumma, I had a great time today. Thank you for the picnic. You are the best mumma in the whole wide world. I lug you" mumbled Anaira sleepily.

"I love you too Aanu. You are the best daughter princess. I am so lucky that I have you as my daughter" whispers Akshara and kisses her forehead.

"Papa I enjoyed it so much today. Thank you for this. Our family days are best. Aap aur Mumma thoda less kaam kra kro. I miss you guys around. I love you, Papa", said Abhir.

"I love you too, Junior. Papa promises you beta ki woh apna workload kam kr denge. I also miss you. Thank you for being so understanding junior. You are the best son, Junior", said Abhi and kissed his forehead.

All in all, it was one of the happiest days for the family. These small moments of enjoyment are worth sacrificing hundreds of work days. Abhi promised himself that from now onwards his main priority is family, not work. He will never let work take his days away from his family.

The End