Chapter 20

Max's POV:

We followed the black orb of smoke that took us where we needed to be, with Ajin still being our lead. As thankful as I was to the odd ball of black smoke for sparing us the extra steps, I couldn't tell who to trust after our last few encounters.

Still, I couldn't risk anyone else getting hurt. And I'm pretty sure Ajin knew that more than me. We didn't have a choice. Therefore, we followed the orb and made our way inside the mouth of the giant double colored skull structure.

"What the hell is this place?" Lisanna questioned. "It's so dark in here. I can't see a thing." The human woman named Salma spoke. Without much else to say, Mango lit up a small sun in the palm of his hand.

And within seconds, we could see someone standing right in front of us. It was a tanned woman with sharp yellow eyes and horns, but she had no wings, nor a tail. She also had what looked like a crow perching on her right hand.

 She also had what looked like a crow perching on her right hand

And last but not least, she held a very ominous presence. Just by standing in front of her, it felt like I wanted to end myself right then and there. I've never felt any tendencies close to fear since my time at the water kingdom of the south.

"You're finally here I see." The woman spoke to us. "Who are you? I thought we were supposed to meet Death." Xenon had to open his fat f*cking mouth. "Oh dear child, must I mention?" Not even a full second later, she was behind him, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"I am Death." Her eyes shined a blazing yellow. I'm pretty sure all of us were feeling what she was giving off, and it sure wasn't a nice feeling I'll say that. "But I'm currently in a fleshy form instead of my favorite spiritual form." Death told us.

"Your favorite.. form?" Mango sounded confused. "I have many forms young dragonblood. The one you lot are currently witnessing is only a form that I take a liking to after my spiritual form, especially when I wish to show myself." Death explained.

"I-I guess that makes sense." Xenon tried to play it off as if he wasn't feeling what we were all feeling. "Good! Now the rest of you can go into that door on the right." Death pointed at a silver door on the right, next to a black door on the left.

"Alright. So I guess we go there team." Ajin said. But before I could bring forth any protests, Death interfered. "No. You, Don, Xenon, and Ray will be coming with me for now." Death sterned. "Wait what?!" We all exclaimed.

In that instance, a fully healed Nagima woke up from the noise. "W-what happened..? Where are we?" Nagima asked, clueless to what was going on. "Long story short, we got teleported to our destination, but Death is taking away a few of our most powerful people in the group." I summed.

"W-what?! They can't do that!" Nagima protested. "Oh I'm sorry to do this you dear, but yes I can." Death smiled, "You. Skyla is your name right? The blue haired one." She was speaking directly to our Skyla.

"Yes...?" She looked extremely nervous. "Lay a hand on Ajin and Xenon. Once you do that, activate your duplicate power." Death instructed. "O-Okay!" Skyla rushed in pure fear. She laid her hands on both Ajin and Xenon, activating her power.

And with a whiff of black smoke in place, we were able to see what looked like a warm hair colored delinquent smoking next to Xenon. "Wait, Ray can they see you now?!" Xenon questioned. "Who else are they looking at? Air?" He answered sarcastically.

We all began to look next to Ajin, hoping that we would be able to see the infamous Don in all of his kill happy glory. I had to admit, I was just as curious to know what he looked like as well. "Don... I think they can see you now too." Ajin inputted.

"Oh sh*t, really? I had clue at all!" We could finally see the individual Ajin called 'Don' for once

"Oh sh*t, really? I had clue at all!" We could finally see the individual Ajin called 'Don' for once. And of course, he looked like Ajin, but with different colored eyes and longer hair.

"Never did I think the day would come for me to see you with my own eyes." It looked like Salma was going to cry. "Don't cry your eyes out old broad, we got bigger fish to cook. With that being said..." Don looked in the eyes of death.

"What exactly are you trying to do?" Don looked like he was demanding answers. "To prepare you, on how to use your powers correctly." Death replied. "W-why would you want to help us?" Athena asked nervously.

"Because some of you here have physical and spiritual relations with us." The black orb spoke after all this time. "What're you on about?" I puzzled. "The sooner you obey Death, the quicker you will see." The dark orb entity spoke to us.

"Guys, I know I've been gone for a really long time and all... but I really think we should listen to them. At least for now." Jeremy spoke up. "He's right. We already came this far. There's no turning back now." Tenebris agreed.

"Fine, but I at least want you to answer one thing." Lisanna got to the important stuff, "What on earth is a titan? Why are they proclaiming to be false gods? How long have they existed?" She brought them a flurry of questions.

"I assure you, that is not their name." Death replied, "Despite being around since the age of eternal freeze, they've always been given the title of 'mythos'." We all just looked at her. "Mythos... I've read about them. They come from the collective minds of humans and come to life from said thoughts." Zaina described.

"How'd you know that?" Majin asked. "Library." Zaina answered simply. "No surprise there." Mango chuckled. "But yes, that is their origin. Overtime, they became jealous of us. Because we were called titans due to our prime existence." Death explained.

"So they stole our name, and now they run amok in this time of age, hoping to make use of their 'almighty' power gifted by mankind, not knowing that a real God reigns above them." Death summarized. We all fell silent immediately.

"Do you get it now?" Death asked us. "Yes. We'll help you fight against the titans. I swear it!" Ajin clenched his fist. "Agreed. I have some payback to give them as well." I added. I could see a look of appreciation come from Nagima, but I pretended not to see it.

"Come along then." Death direct Ajin, Don, Xenon, and Ray to the black door. "Let us go." The dark orb lead us into the silver door. And in a matter of seconds we entered, we were surrounded by giant powerful beings, in a landscape clothed mystery.

 And in a matter of seconds we entered, we were surrounded by giant powerful beings, in a landscape clothed mystery