Prologue

Skyla's POV:

I opened my pitch black wings, and took to the skies. I soared over the desolate land that I had just destroyed with a blank expression on my face. It honestly felt more peaceful to soar above the clouds than to travel near the earth's crust.

Black fires crackled in the homes of humans and dead dragons alike. The ground shaping was made irregular, black ice erupted in some places by my will, and darkness that I emitted oozed and spread throughout the pitiful land.

Victims of my wrath either laid dead, or screamed and ran in terror like the ants they were. I couldn't say the same for the overgrown dead lizards. I made sure that not a single dragon was left alive to stand up to me... and add them to my collection.

Not wanting to think about the screams of the tiny fodder any longer, I kept my mind towards my next destination along the way. The air was thick with smoke. The clouds were turning gray. It felt so dark and odd... and I liked it.

When I got above the clouds, I could see that the sun was shining just as bright. The air no long thick, or smoky. Just clear and natural, without the dreadful smell of death that I bequeathed unto the human cities.

Still, It didn't feel right to fly out alone. I missed my little girl... Sally. She and I would've at least spent some time together while completing a mission. Simple hunting would do, or maybe a couple hours above the clouds would be just as simple.

But she's grown up so fast now. She's gotten so strong. She's even learned to master her element as a black hole dragon. As her parent, I couldn't be more happier for her... but then I remember that she was born with something I didn't have.

A dragon form.

Every time I remember that one thing that I'm aware of my daughter having, a hint of jealousy runs through my black and cold blooded veins. It felt like I had no right to call myself a mother. I had absolutely no right to be jealous of my own child.

But when I looked down to see where I was, my mind immediately shifted to a different state, and my jealousy ceased into a mind state of business. I was finally back at the base of the Satan's hands. The dead forest.

Despite the name, there would usually be a lot more witches and sorcerers in the area. Spells would fly from tree to tree, and the area still reeked of human magics. But not a single human was in sight... or at least as much as I knew of.

"VOLDIGOAD!" I called out to the head warlock of the entire operation

"VOLDIGOAD!" I called out to the head warlock of the entire operation. "Wow, did you miss me that much?" I heard his voice come from behind me. It was Shawn. He leaned on the trunk of a dead tree. Dragon and human scented blood dripped down his face and chin.

 Dragon and human scented blood dripped down his face and chin