Prologue

Lizzy's POV

I was walking home with my best friend, Belle, when I found out. We had just gotten off the elevator and were heading to my apartment room. When I knocked on the door, I wasn't greeted by my mother, who usually answers the door. Instead, it was a police officer, and he didn't look too happy.

"Hello Elizabeth. Come in," he said in a rushed way.

"Okay," I whispered shakily. I had no idea what was going on. I was terrified.

Inside was another police officer, a lady who was wearing a coat that said Social Services on it, and my Aunt Steph and Uncle Pat.

"What's going on?" I asked, with Belle standing behind me, frozen.

"There's been a horrible accident," the police officer said. I froze when he told me what happened.

Basically, my parents got in a horrible car crash, and they both died. I cried. And cried. And cried. And cried some more. Then cried. And finally, when I didn't have any more tears to shed, the social services lady told me that in my parents' will, I was to go live with my god parents. My Aunt Steph and Uncle Pat.

So, this is why I am in the back of my aunt and uncle's Ford truck, heading to eastern Oregon, to their ranch.

Lucky me.

•••

A/N: hi guys! Sorry that this was so short, it was just to tell you what happened to her parents. If you have any suggestions for what should happen in RHI, please tell me! Thanks a lot, and look forward to Chapter 1! Also, if this is the first book you've read that is mine, I have have 2 other books! Please check them out! It would mean a ton to me. Thanks! Remember to hit the little star and vote for RHI!