The Summit

The group had been back on Pabu for a little bit now. Wrecker was fishing but Valerie and Hunter were helping Shep move some crates. The two of them lifting one box at a time but Valerie was using the force to move two crates.

"This friend of yours who's stopping by, he another clone?" Shep asked Hunter.

"Yea, but don't worry. He's not with the empire." Hunter said.

"I'm so excited to see Echo again." Valerie added.

"If you two trust him. That's enough for me." Shep said.

Valerie turned as she sensed Wrecker walking up the stairs, she noticed the huge fish he was carrying on his shoulder. "The new fishing dock's rebuilt and moored."

"How-" Valerie pointed to the fish, speechless.

"I caught some dinner!" Wrecker laughed as he put the fish down.

"You've been busy." Hunter said.

"You got that right!" Wrecker replied.

"Hey Wrecker!" Lyana called and he turned. "Can we get your help? We're fortifying the seawall."

"Sure thing boss!" Wrecker said. He ran to them laughing. Valerie chuckled.

"He's  become an integral part of this community." Shep said. "You all have."

"Thank you Shep." Valerie said.

"Any chance you've reconsidered staying permanently?" He asked. Valerie looked at Hunter.

"For soldiers, putting down roots is an occupational hazard." Hunter said.

"But it doesn't always have to be Hunter." Valerie added.

"Valerie is right. Is that all you are? A soldier?" Shep questioned.

This left Hunter not saying anything but the Marauder flew low and right over their heads. "What is Tech teaching her?" Valerie asked.

"More flying lessons?" Shep asked.

"Uh huh. Tech's got his hands full." Hunter said.

"He is going to come back with grays in his hair." Valerie commented.

"No, I think he's praising himself with his teachings." Hunter said.

Valerie nodded in agreement. "Or both.

"Probably both." Hunter agreed.

"You know he's going to teach her The Tech Turn today." Valerie added.

"Tech Turn? Oh no, don't let him know that's what you call it. It'll go right to his head." Hunter said and Valerie laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie and Hunter made their way to Upper Pabu when they saw Echo's shuttle. Tech and Omega were catching up behind him. Echo got the shuttle landed. Echo exited his ship and when he saw Hunter and Valerie he walked over to them. Valerie couldn't contain her smile.

"Echo!" She said and hugged him when he walked over.

"I'm glad to see you are doing better." Echo hugged her back. "I brought you something."

"You brought me something?" Valerie questioned.

"Valerie!" Valerie turned her head to Echo's ship and saw Eloise waving.

"Eloise!" Valerie's smile grew wider and ran up the ramp to her, bringing her into a tight hug. "I've missed you so much!"

"Me too!" Eloise hugged her just as tight.