Old Guns

Valerie was sitting next to a fire, with her was Captain Rickshaw and ARC trooper Moose. She was shivering. "Hey, do you think they'll actually come from us?" Moose asked.

"They will Moose, trust me." Valerie rubbed her hands together.

"Maybe for you Valerie, but us." Rickshaw motioned to him and Moose, "were expendable to the republic.

Valerie shook her head. "Not to me you're not." The two boys looked at her. "Look at you two, the only similar thing you share is a face. You clones have become your own beings, I know Drake feels the same thing. You are not expendable."

"Thanks kid, we can only hope the general comes soon then." Moose said.

"He will Moose, he will." Valerie nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valerie opened her eyes, she was laying down in her bed. "Oh Moose, Rickshaw, where are you boys now?" She said aloud, to herself. She got out of bed. Valerie exited her room from a short slumber, she was distracted. Her dream about her old friends had her wondering what her dream meant. Echo pulled her from her thoughts.

"We're being hailed. It's-" Echo paused. "Rex." Valerie looked up and walked over to him. So did Hunter and Omega. Echo patched him through and they saw a hooded Rex, he seemed distressed.

"Rex?" Valerie asked.

"Hello boys, Valerie. Sorry to cut right to it, but I could use your help." He said.

"What do you need, captain?" Hunter asked.

"I received a distress signal from a clone trooper, but I'm a bit tied up at the moment to retrieve him." He said.

"Is it Howzer?" Valerie asked.

"Who?" He questioned.

"Wait, you want us to recover a reg?" Hunter cut in.

"He's an old friend, and he's in trouble. I need you to get him out." Rex said.

There was a moment of silence before Hunter spoke up again. "Out of what exactly?" They heard beeping on Rex's end and he seemed more anxious now.

"Can't talk right now. Sending you his signal. I'll be in touch." With that Rex disappeared. Tech turned in his chair to retrieve the coordinates.

"What was that about?" Wrecker asked.

"The distress signal sent by CC-5576 is originating from Daro." Tech said while Valerie walked up to his seat and stood behind him, looking over his shoulder. "A terrestrial planet in the Outer Rim with no know, settlements or installations." He adjusted his goggles.

"What's he doing all the way out there?" Hunter asked.

"Well doesn't it matter?" Echo started.

"We've gone on missions before without much intel, but this would be stretching it." Hunter said.

"Rex wouldn't ask us for help if it wasn't urgent." Echo said, Valerie thought for a moment, something was telling her they should go to Daro.

"Echo is right, we should go to Daro. For Rex." Valerie said.

"Echo and Val's got a point." Wrecker said.

"May I remind you that we are in the middle of a job." Tech interjected. "If we deviate, we will not be compensated. No money means no food."

"Oh yea. Tech's got a point." Wrecker said.

"Tech we have to do this." Valerie said and crossed her arms.