Truth and Consequences

The boys and Rex were climbing up a ladder, a generator spitting off electrical currents was behind them. Wrecker accidently got shocked before sighing and continuing his climb. Once inside Tech ran up to the controls while everyone else secured the perimeter.

"Wrecker get to work on the hatch." Hunter ordered. Wrecker nodded and climbed the ladder.

"Haven't been in these maintenance tunnels since the war." Rex said.

"Gotta say, Rex" Echo said. "Coruscant's the last place I'd expect you to be."

"It's worth the risk." He turned to Echo. "More and more of our brothers are waking up to what's been done to them. I can't turn my back on them."

"How many have you reached?"

"Not enough. Troopers who know too much are a liability to the empire. I'm working with a few contacts I trust, but we're spread pretty thin." Rex sighed. "Help's hard to come by these days."

"Got it." Wrecker called down. "Great. Ray shields."

"Leave it to me." Tech said and turned to the computer.

"And how are we getting onto Rampart's Venator?" Hunter asked.

"I'm taking a lesson from your squad." Rex said. "We improvise." Tech turned away from the computer and the ray shields powered down. The group climbed up and started making their way to the Venator. Hunter held a hand up as two troopers walked by. At an opening they all saw guards walking.

"There's not enough cover." Echo said. "We won't get across the shipyard undetected." They all watched a lift move into the air.

"Not on foot." Hunter said. Another lift started rising. "Move!" He said and the group all slid underneath and clung onto the bottom. The lift started making its way to the Venator. Hunter pulled out his knife and stuck it into a control panel. The lid fell off and Tech plugged his data into it. Wrecker could be heard groaning behind them.

"He's still not better with heights?" Rex asked.

"Don't look down." Wrecker told himself.

"This is him better." Echo said.

"Don't look down." Wrecker repeated over and over.

Tech typed away on his data pad. "I have bypassed the controls. Hang on." Tech maneuvered the lift around, jerking the boys.

"Tech?" Hunter grunted.

Tech got the lift where they needed to be and unplugged. "Now." They all jumped off and rolled. Once standing, they all started running. Tech hacked opened a door and the group climbed in. Making their way to the main control room they stunned the troopers inside. The main bridge was empty.

Tech typed on his data pad. "Well that is unfortunate."

"Wanna narrow that down?" Rex said.

"Energy conduits are off-line." He said. "The only way to retrieve the data is to reroute the power, which will most likely signal a security breach.

"How much time do we have?" Hunter asked.

Tech typed. "Not much."

"Then let's make it quick." Echo said. Tech nodded and got to work. He plugged a chip in while Echo plugged himself into the mainframe. The lights lit up and an alarm could be heard.

The doors outside of the bridge opened. "We're gonna have some company." Rex said.

"Wrecker seal the door!" Hunter said and Wrecker turned and shot the control panel to the door. Outside the door they heard troopers. and the doors tried to open. "The door won't hold much longer."