The Crossing

*Author's Note: This chapter pretty much follows what happens in 'The Crossing' episode but I wanted to add some important Tech development to it and figured I would add it in.*

There was an awkward silence on the ship. It's been a few rotations since Valerie and Echo left with Rex on Coruscant. Tech was flying the Marauder around a desert planet. The bad batch took another mission from Cid to earn a couple extra credits. Omega moped around not having her friends with them but it was Hunter and Wrecker who noticed Tech reverted back to his quiet introverted ways since Valerie left. Hunter knew Tech hadn't tried to reached out to Valerie, even though he's suggested it to him, but on the same token he knew Valerie hadn't reach out either and although Tech would never admit it, it hurt him. When he's not flying the ship, he keeps himself busy by tinkering with the random scrap he keeps lying around, anytime one of them would make small talk. He met them with one worded answers.

Once the ship landed. Hunter was the first to leave, Tech followed typing away on his data pad, Wrecker carrying the case that is to carry the highly explosive ipsium, and Omega had the tools to extract said ipsium. When she left she used her hands to shield the sand blowing in her face. A storm was brewing.

"According to Cid's coordinates, this is the mine she purchased." Tech stated, not looking up from his data pad.

"And we're supposed to do what?" Omega asked.

"Excavate the site for ipsium. It is tremendously valuable when refined." Tech added. "However in its raw state the mineral is highly combustible, like a primed thermal detonator." Tech brushed the dust off the keypad, and inserted the key card they acquired  from Cid.

"Sounds dangerous." Wrecker said. "Val would have lectured us about doing this mission... I miss her, and Echo." Everyone else ignored what Wrecker said, he knew that they all missed them as well.

The door beeped and worked on opening. Hunter turned around to overlook the planet and in the distance thunder could be heard rolling in. He knelt on the ground and picked up some dirt. Tech walked up to him. "Problem?" Tech asked him.

Hunter stood up. "The storms moving away from us. We should be fine. Tech we'll mine the ipsium. Wrecker, Omega you're on lookout."

"Both of us?" Wrecker questioned.

"Without Echo, we are a man down." Tech said.

"And Valerie, she makes two." Omega added.

Tech chose to ignore that in a Tech-like-fashion. "Without them, we need Wrecker to assist with operations inside the mine."

"You three go. I'll be the lookout." Omega added.

"Not alone. Cid warned us about poachers in the area." Hunter said. "Keep your eyes peeled and com us if you see anyone." Hunter picked up the case Wrecker was carrying and he and Tech made their way inside the mine.

Inside the mine Tech held his scanner up. "What was that about Tech?" Hunter asked.

"What do you mean?" Tech typed on the scanner.

"Not mentioning Valerie thing, kinda weird if you ask me."

"Nothing weird about it, she left. That was her choice."

"Yes, it was her choice but you ignoring her name or at any mention of her is not normal."

"Perhaps but it's best to not have any distractions."

"Tech I know you're hurt she left but she had her reasons-"

"My scans are not indicating a sizable presence of ipsium." Tech cut him off, clearly changing the subject. "Looks like our Trandoshan was deceived into purchasing an already depleted mine."