Gone Girl

The group was on their way back to Ord Mantell to drop Phee off. Tech sat Valerie down in one of the seats, using that much force power drained her more than she thought.

"Do you need anything?" He asked.

"I'm okay, Tech, really." Valerie said again, reassuring him for the 10th time.

"That was impressive, what you did back there."

"And I had no idea how I did it, it was like a fight or flight."

"You know something Val?" Tech paused and Valerie looked at him. "I think you're a lot stronger with the force than you realize, you hold yourself back."

"Well yea, it's what we're trained to do, at the Jedi Temple. To have restraint. Although maybe I am more capable than I thought." Valerie looked at her hands but didn't say anything more. Tech left her alone but someone quickly sat down across from her. She looked up.

"So..." Phee clicked her tongue. "A jedi."

"And?" Valerie questioned.

"That must be a tough profession to be in these days."

Valerie rolled her eyes. "Is everything a joke to you?"

"Hey listen, I see why you didn't mention the whole jedi thing-"

"You weren't supposed to find out." Valerie cut her off.

"Anyways." Phee continued. "I know what you did, taking the risk, putting yourself like that out there. I appreciate it. Your secrets safe with me."

Valerie smiled. "Thanks."

"So I'm guessing your prestigious school is?"

"Was, the Jedi Order. Yes."

Phee nodded. "That's a pretty cool laser sword you got. May I?"

Valerie handed over her lightsaber and Phee was inspecting it. "If you steal it I will hunt you down."

Phee laughed. "Trust me, the last thing I want is a jedi after me." Phee put the lightsaber on the table as Hunter walked over to them. Valerie turned to him.

"We're back." He said and the two girls got up.

"Good, I need to fix up Mel before my next trip." The group walked off the Marauder and started making their way to Cid's Parlor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group made it right outside the parlor and Tech turned around, everyone walked inside. Everyone except Valerie. "Val?" He called out but he didn't get a response from her.

"Tech? Everything alright?" He turned and saw Hunter.

"Have you seen Val?" He asked.

Hunter put a hand on his chin. "Hm, not since leaving the ship, maybe she's still there?"

"I'm going to go check." Tech started walking back to the Marauder.

"Be careful Tech." Hunter teased with a wink. Tech ignored him and made his way back.

Back at the Marauder, Tech opened the doors. He looked around the ship but it was empty. "Val?" He called into their room.

No response.

A nervousness started to rise in Tech. "Val?!" He called, he looked over to where she was previously sitting, an object glistened. He walked over and picked it up.

It was Valerie's lightsaber.

Tech turned around, clutching her lightsaber. "Valerie!" He exited the ship and looked around, nothing seemed out of place. He put her lightsaber in his bag. He hurried his way back into the town, he scanned the crowd and no one batted an eye to him. "Valerie?" He called out again, a couple people turned their heads but nothing more. He made his way back to the parlor and went inside. "Hunter." Hunter turned and saw the pained look in his eyes. He and Echo followed Tech outside.