I quickly open the window and pull him inside. He was drenched in rain and out of breath. I close the window and head to the bathroom," Come here."

He walks over to the bathroom with me and stands by the door, rubbing his arm as he looks down at the ground. I could already feel my heart pounding against my chest as anxiety took over me.

"Why the hell were you out there so late? And you're fucking wet! That wasn't smart!"

He finally looks up at me and furrows his brows," Don't talk to me like that."

I shake my head as I pull a towel off the rack beside me.

"Come sit."

He takes off his wet shoes before entering the bathroom and sitting on the sink. He keeps quiet as I use the towel to dry off his wet hair and arms.

"Are you going to tell me why you were outside my window? How did you even manage to get up there?"

"I climbed on your rose fence."

I let out a deep breath and cross my arms. He takes the towel and place it to the side as he stares at me. His hazel eyes were making my heart melt, but I couldn't show him the power he held over me. He rejected me and now he shows up at four in the morning climbing my fence. Just what the hell does he want?

Before I can ask any more questions, he suddenly grabs the collar of my pajama shirt and pulls me closer to him so that I'm just between his legs. His hand raises up to his chest as he watches me with eyes I couldn't explain. It was as if he was asking himself something but not exactly saying it out loud.

"Shawn?"

His eyes scan my whole face as his chest suddenly raises up and down heavily.

"Are you alright?" I put the back of my hand on his forehead to check if he has a fever. Just as I lean forward, he pushes me away. I stumble a bit then find my balance," What the hell was that?"

"It was nothing, I just—"

"—You just what?

"Needed to check if what I was feeling earlier was still there?"

My blood runs cold as I look at him.

"What?" his voice grows irritated.

"Do you perhaps like me?" I try to take a step closer to him, but he stops me by putting his hand on my chest.

"No."

I take his hand and press it close to my heart, he tries pulling away, but I tighten my grip.

"Do you feel it? My heart? It's beating so fast right now. If that's the feeling you had and have right now, I think I know the answer for you."

Could he possibly like me back? Could that really be a chance for me?

He keeps quiet as he looks at his hand." I don't know."

"What don't you know?"

"I don't know what I don't know. I just know that I don't know."

I try to be serious in the moment but seeing him get all frustrated because he can't figure out how he feels was making me laugh. He finally snatches away his hand and tries to get up from the sink, but I trap him by placing both my hands on the sides of him. He leans back some away from my face as I get closer.

"Tell me what you feel."

"Annoyed."

I laugh once more causing a small smile to form on his face. God he's beautiful.