30. Freedom Is Ours

14:00pm

"Hi Robert, you okay?" I asked
"Yes, I'm okay. I just wanted to see you, before you went to Folkstone" Robert cried
"That's nice of you, come in" I replied

I invited Robert in, I did want to see him before I went. But I thought he would change his mind, by coming to live with me. It's a shame, we could've started a life together.

"So are you coming with me?" I asked
Robert's facial expression went from happy to sad, in a matter of seconds. I guess I already had my answer.
"So I guess this is it then?" I urged
Robert nodded, whilst staring at me, I couldn't make it out, but I could see tears pricking his eyes.
Robert hugged me, I was going to miss him hugging me, the feel of his warm embrace.
I looked up at him, this was the last time I was going to be able to look into his eyes.
I could feel him hurting, because he wasn't going to see me again, but I guess that's life.
Sometimes, people go there separate ways, you can't do nothing about it.

Robert cleared his throat, then looked at me, then went to speak.
"I'm going to go, I wish you a life full of happiness" Robert cried
I felt a lump grow in my throat, I didn't know whether to fight for him, or just let him go.
Is he worth it?
Is it worth losing everything for him?
I looked up at him, cleared my throat, whilst speaking.
"Wait! I want to start a life with you up there, why won't you come with me?" I begged
"I have my family here Kat, I'm not ready to move out, it's going to be hard for me" Robert cried
"You don't think it was hard for me to move to London, away from my Mum? Nothing in life is never going to be easy Robert" I explained
"Yes, but that's you Kat. You're strong, I could never do that" Robert cried
"Sometimes being strong is the only choice you have" I cried

Robert opened the front door, walked out, whilst closing it behind him.
I sat down on my sofa, then started to cry, I wanted him more than anything.
But if he's going to let me go just like that, Is he worth it at all?
I started to pack my things, hoping that at any point, he would come back to change his mind.

Narrating as Robert:
Meanwhile, in Malcolm's office.
Robert tapped on the glass door, Malcolm gestured his hand, as if to say come in.
Robert walked in, sat down, then cleared his throat.
Malcolm got off the phone, while noticing Robert was upset, he sat down.
"You okay son?" Malcolm asked
"No dad, I'm not. Katie is leaving to move to folk stone, I want to start a life with her. But I don't want to leave you here on your own" I cried
Malcolm started to smile, then he let out a giggle, I was very concerned at this point.
"Who said I was alone?" Malcolm asked
"You live on your own dad" Robert cried
"I have a girlfriend, who I've been seeing for the past 2 months Robert. You aren't going to get a girl like Katie again, I promise you that! Life is too short son, when you've got a chance with somebody. You've gotta grab it while it's there, so go and pack. Do the right thing" Malcolm explained

I strode towards his car, unlocked it, hopped in. Then started to drive towards my house, I had a small mansion, I'm not surprised with the job I have.
I arrived home, parked my car, hopped out then locked it behind me. I ran towards my house, unlocked my door, whilst running towards my bedroom.

Meanwhile, back at Katie's house.
That was the last couple of things to pack up, then put in the van.
Goodbye London, I will miss you!
I walked out of my flat, before I did, I looked around. It was my last time to look around, before I hit the road.
I took a deep breath, closed the flat door, whilst walking towards my car.
I opened my car door, sat down in the drivers seat, placed my red bull into the cup holder.
I closed the car door, I went to drive off, when suddenly Robert tapped on my car window.

I smiled at him, I felt excited, because the thought of us starting a life together, to me was bliss.
I rolled my window down, looked at him then spoke.
"What are you doing here?" I urged
"I'm coming with you" Robert cried
I leaped out of my drivers seat, opened the car door, then kissed him.
I got my happily ever after, after all.
"I'll see you at folk stone, I'm going to drive my car, as it's got my stuff in it" Robert said after our kiss
"Okay, I'll see you there" I cried

I gave Robert my new address, then looked around London one last time, whilst smiling.
I hopped into my car, closed it behind me, then began to drive.
-2 hours later-
I arrived at my new home, I grabbed all of my boxes, with the help of Robert of course. 
I grabbed my house key out of my purse, opened it, then walked inside.
Unexpectedly, I heard people yelling: "surprise!"
It was Millie, Harry, my two nephews.
Millie brought a couple home warming gifts.
"Did you organise this?" I asked turning to Robert
"I might've done" Robert cried whilst winking at me

I placed the box onto the floor, I grabbed a glass of wine, then started talking while holding Robert's hand.
Malcolm was right, sometimes when you've got a chance with somebody, life is too short!
You've gotta live your life to the fullest!
Even if things don't work out, least you know you've both tried, as well as, trying to work things out...