19. It Just Wasn't Meant To Be

Tuesday

I left the hospital, as Miah took over to help him, as well as, Malcolm.
I walked out of the hospital, walked towards my car, opened it.
I sat down in the drivers seat, I sat there acknowledging what Robert said to me in the hospital. Is he really serious about stepping up?
Maybe, he's turned over a new leaf.
I don't know, I don't want to get my hopes up.
I start to drive back to my flat, I used my sat nav to navigate me home. I still didn't know everywhere in London, I was still new to this.

I arrived home, it was already 3 in the afternoon, I parked my car up, stumbled out of my car and headed towards my flat.
What a long day it's been!
I open my door, whilst closing the door behind me.
What do I do now?
I had my scan tomorrow, I'm so nervous, I've never had to go to one before.
I'll be fine, I'm sure of it.

I decide to dial Millie, after all, she is my sister.
-Dialing Millie-
-Beep Beep-
That's odd, it never takes Millie this long to answer her phone.
I had a bad feeling, I felt a strange feeling in my stomach.
I had a voice on the other end of the phone.
"Hello cupcake" Niall cried
"Niall? What are you doing on Millie's phone?" I asked panicking
"Me and Millie were just having a delightful conversation" Niall replied
"If you've hurt her, I'll kill you" I warned
"Think twice before you warn me cupcake, somebody could get seriously hurt. Give me a grand and I'll let Millie go" Niall threatens
"Okay I will, send me a location" I asked

-Call ended-

I grabbed a bag out of my closet, I got all of my money out of my savings, whilst placing it into my bag.
I entered the code in to my safe, it had a gun in it. I use it for safety precautions.
I grabbed it out of the safe, whilst placing it into my back pocket.
I rushed around looking for my car keys, suddenly, I got a text message from an unknown number.
"Tick tock cupcake!"
Niall sent me a location, he also sent me a photo of Millie tied up, the barsted.

I found my keys, opened my front door, closed it. Ran down the stairs, walked towards my car, then began to drive to the location I was sent.
I was panicking, I was shaking, that barsted had my sister.
I was going to kill him, if I had too.
I can't exactly fight him, I'm 2 months pregnant.

Finally, I arrived at the location.
I stopped my car, closed my door, then began to search for Millie.
-A couple minutes later-
I found Millie, tied to a chair, with a cloth in her mouth.
I started to set her free.
"You okay?" I asked
Millie nodded.
I gave Millie a fizzy drink, fizzy drinks help with shock.
Millie started to guzzle it down, Millie gulped, then we started to make our way back to my car.
Suddenly, Niall stopped us.

"Where do you think you two are going?" Niall asked
I stood in front of Millie, protecting her with my life, as she would for me.
"That's for me to know, and for you to find out arsehole" I cried
Niall smirked, it sent chills down my spine, his smirk was evil. It made me feel sick to my stomach.
Niall came towards me, with every step he took, I grabbed onto Millie harder.
Niall went to punch me in the lip, I dodged, then I punched him back.
Niall look startled, stepped back to regain his consciousness.
Niall swung for me again, I dodged it, then kicked him in the balls.
Then swung for him, he landed on the floor lifeless.

"Millie listen to me carefully, run to my car, phone the police right away" I cried
"But what about you?" Millie asked
"Just go!" I shouted

She knew that I didn't mean it by shouting, I was just doing my best to protect her.
Millie ran as fast as she could to the car, which was 2 minutes away.
Suddenly, Niall got up, I was standing there ready for whatever came next.
Niall got up, swung for me once again, this time I didn't have time to dodge or swerve. He caught me in the nose, my top was drenched in blood.
The minute I saw it, I saw red, I got my gun out of my back pocket.
I shot him twice in the leg, his screams filled the area, but nobody heard him.
Just like they didn't hear me, when he raped me, or found me in that alleyway at night with him.

Suddenly, I heard police arrive.
As they arrived, I fell down to the floor, I was unconscious.
I heard Millie screams, just before I drifted out of consciousness.
-2 hours later-

My eyes began to flutter open, I saw Millie sat beside me.
My head was pounding, it was horrible, I felt achy all over.
The nurse was standing over the bed, with a clipboard in one hand, a pen in the other.
I gulped.
Oh, no! The baby. Is the baby okay?
My eyes widened, I sat up as fast as I could, as well as, looking at the nurse.

"Is my baby okay?" I asked
The nurses facial expression changed from happy to sad in a matter of minutes.
Please, god!
Millie grabbed onto my hand, as if to say everything is okay facial expression.
"I'm sorry Miss.Roland, but unfortunately you lost the baby due to stress" the nurse answered
"What? I don't understand. I'm 2 months pregnant" I cried
The nurse gulped, looked at Millie, then back at me.
"You were 2 months pregnant, you aren't anymore Miss.Roland. I'm very sorry" the nurse replied

The nurse walked out of the room, I felt like I couldn't breath, I wanted to scream.
I didn't have the energy too.
My baby is gone😭
Robert entered the room on crutches, he looked at me, ran towards me to sit next to me.
"What's wrong?" Robert asked
"The baby, it's-it's gone" I cried

Robert's eyes filled with tears, I placed my head on his, Robert kissed me on my forehead for comfort.
"I'm so sorry, if I would've been there. None of this would've happened" Robert sniffled
"It wasn't your fault" I cried

"It just wasn't meant to be"...