12. Anothor Day In Paradise

7:30am

It was Friday morning, and also, the day of the party.
I sit on the edge of my bed, stretch and yawn.
I look on the other side of the bed, and Robert was nowhere to be seen.
Where could he be?
That was very strange.
What kind of billionaire stays at somebody's house, then leaves during the night?

I walked in my front room, and realised that Robert was singing, making coffee, and cooking pancakes. He was singing with a wooden spoon, I looked at him with one eyeball open and the other one closed. How does Robert have more energy than me?

Robert turned around, and didn't realise I was standing there, he dropped the wooden spoon because I made him jump.

"You frightened the life out of me" Robert cried
"Sorry" I said

He was making pancakes for me, how sweet.
I've never had somebody make me breakfast before. Was this his way of making it up to me?
Robert come towards me, and placed a plate of pancakes in front of me. Alongside, Nutella, jam, and sugar as toppings.

"Thank you" I smiled
"You're welcome!" Robert cried

Robert sat down in front of me, and started to eat his breakfast. With every mouthful, he sipped a cup of his coffee.
I've never known a man to do that.
Each to their own, I guess.

"Are you sure you want to go to the party later? You don't have to, if you don't want too" Robert cried

Robert's facial expression changed, it went from singing to worried in a matter of 30 seconds.
It was quite scary, if I'm being honest with you.

"I want to come, I've never been out to a lot of parties. So it'll be nice for me" I replied

Robert smiled. What was he hiding? Does Miah know the truth? Questions started to circle round my head, but I know that there was no time to be thinking about that right now.
After breakfast, Robert washed up everything while I got ready for work.

I straightened my hair, applied my make up, wore a purple blouse with a black blazer, black knee length skirt, black tights, and my smart loafers.
After I was done, I brushed my teeth.

8:50am

I grabbed my car keys.
Suddenly, I heard my phone going off.
It was Millie.
I'll attend to that later.
I walked towards the front room door, walked outside, and locked the door behind me.
Robert walked towards the car, and waited for me to open it.
I opened the car doors, and Robert hopped in the passenger side.
I started to drive to work.

9:20am

I arrived at work, and walked into the hotel. I walked towards the lockers, and put my belongings in there.
I walked towards the reception counter, I opened up the laptop, and got up Malcolm's booking.com

11:30am

So far, I had a couple customers, a few phone calls, and 5 bookings.
It wasn't busy, like Tuesday's, Thursday's, & the weekend.
I was still thinking about mine and Robert's conversation this morning, he looked guilty about something.
I was going to find out.
Even if it did break my heart, I would rather know than be comforted with a lie.
I had a bad feeling about this party.
I was prepared for anything that was thrown my way, any insult, and any argument.

12:30pm

It was midday already, I felt so tired, even though I've had my morning coffee.
I turned around to Robert, he was on his phone, he was texting a lot I've noticed.
What was he hiding?
Robert turned and looked at me.