1. Welcome To London

Moving Day:

As I lift the last box into the van, I started to wonder what my life is going to be like. I hope to get a job, and make something of myself. I've just finished University and graduated with a masters degree of business, IT & Media.

I'm hoping to get into being an author or an office job. I can smell success in the air. My mum always has said: "good things come to those who wait". I realise she was right all along.

My mum lives in California, and my dad passed away when I was 19. He didn't get to see me graduate. But I know, he's always in my heart and he's proud of me for whatever job I get, whatever I study, and wherever I go.

God bless you dad!

My mum is Spanish, and my dad was Canadian. What a mix eh?
Who would've thought it?

As I finish up, moving boxes one place to another. I get in to my car, turn the key, and off we drive to London.

It took me 3 hours, due to traffic. Bloody piss take!

16:30pm

I arrive in London, and I can't tell you how beautiful it looks in the evening. The sun is dawning, birds chirping away, and the smell of food fills the air.

I park my car, take my keys out & all of my belongings. I walk up 1 flight of stairs, and arrive at my door. I put my key in, turn it and open the door. I carry my heavy box inside and place it on my table, which is meant to be in the kitchen, but somehow it's stuck in my living room until I unpack.

It's roughly 17:30pm, and I go out to explore. I enter a diner, which smelled beautiful inside. I could smell the fresh bread, it smelled delicious. The smell filled my nostrils, and my mouth began to water.

The waitress come over, and asked what I wanted to eat. She had big green emerald bug eyes, long black hair, and She was stick thin, and her lips was as big as my forehead.

"What would you like mam?" She asked with a pen in one hand, and a notebook in the other.

"Spaghetti bolognaise, please hun" I asked patiently

"Of course, would you like a drink with that mam?" She cried

"Yes, I'll have a coke please" I replied

"Okay. No worries, it'll be with you shortly" she answered

Ooooh I can't wait, my first night in London. I was going to like it here. I felt good vibes.

-10 minutes later-

"Here you go, enjoy!" She smiled
"Thank you!" I beamed

It looked and smelled tasty, the meatballs was freshly cooked and the pasta was phenomenal. I had only been in London for 5 minutes, and I could already tell that the food was going to be great.
I tucked in, and ate every piece I could fit into my little toned stomach.

Sometime after, I paid for my food and off I went back to my place. It was 19:48pm, and I was feeling rather tired from the drive and moving boxes one place to the next.

I decided to have a nap when I got in. I took my shoes off, took my bra off (it was killing me).
Got my blanket out of my bag, and wrapped it over me on the sofa.

I fell asleep for what felt like hours...

It was 8:00am in the morning, I slept all night. Oh my, I must've been really tired from moving.

I sat up, stretched, and decided to put the kettle on for a quick coffee. After, I was going to take a shower, re apply my make up, and put on something comfy. I was going to start applying for jobs, so far I found Stones Hotel Service. It's run by Malcolm Stone and his son Robert Stone.

Hmmm, I mumble.
Robert looks very handsome.
Ok Katie, focus. You aren't in London, to find a man! Take control of yourself women!

I rolled my eyes, and applied for the job as a receptionist. As well as, other business jobs. They all didn't get back to me, all apart from 1.
It's always the way isn't it?
It's hard finding a job nowadays isn't it?
That's why I moved to London, there's plenty more job opportunities.
With the degree I have, I would've thought I could've got one ages ago.
Never mind, shit happens don't it?

Ooooh, a notification pops up. Who could that be?
O M G!
It's from Malcolm Stone himself.
What a legend!
It says:
Hi there Miss. Roland, I would like you to join me, for an interview this Friday around 15:00pm. Message me back, if you wish to take this job opportunity.
Yours faithfully,
Malcolm.

Wow! It's only Wednesday today, I have time to sort everything out. It's all cool, no panicking! Be yourself and you'll be fine.

Will I be fine though?