9. Uncalled Chemistry

"Thank you for telling me Robert, I appreciate it" I cried
"You're welcome, you deserved to know Katie" Robert replied

I stood up, drank the last sip of my drink, and headed towards the dance floor.
Showed off all my dance moves, and began to become in a world of my own.
Robert come towards me, and started to dance and we sang to each other.
I felt the chemistry fizzling.
I didn't want to admit that there was mixed feelings involved.
I walked back over to the booth, and ordered another cocktail and a rum and coke for Robert.

Robert smiled.
Suddenly, Miah walked in and see me and Robert having a drink in the booth.
Ughhh. What did she want?
Why was she everywhere I went?
Prick.
I ignored her and carried on with my drink.

"Hi Robert, you good?" Miah asked
"Yes, I'm good. Enjoying a drink with Katie" Robert replied
"Do you think that's a good idea?" Miah asked

I felt my blood boiling, I felt rage consuming me all over. What did she mean? "Do you think that's a good idea?" Why wouldn't it be? What the fuck is wrong with this girl?
I ignored her, I wasn't going to let her ruin my night.

"Yeah, I'm having a good time. Why wouldn't it be a good idea?" Robert asked

Miah looked at Robert, and then back at me, and smiled.
What the fuck is she smiling at?
I wasn't drunk, I knew what I was saying or doing.

"Do you think you should be hanging around with trouble?" Miah asked

WHAT THE HELL?!
I WAS GOING TO KILL THIS BITCH!
HOLD MY MOTHER FUCKING DRINK!

I shot up out of my seat, like I hadn't before, I wasn't the sort of person to give it the mouth. But when pushed to the limit, that's it. Game over!

"How the fuck am I trouble? Please do tell me Miah, because last time I heard. You love to frame people and grass them up for no absolute reason" I cried

Miah looked me up and down, as her friend tugged at her to walk away, but Miah wasn't having any of it. She looked shocked that I said something, oh fucking well, I've had enough!

"Miah, it's best you walk away" Robert cried

Miah rolled her eyes, and walked into the opposite direction with her "pal".
I didn't let her get to me, I just carried on enjoying my night.

21:30pm

I decided to call it a night, and I started to walk home. Robert walked me home, so I got home safe.
I was tipsy, but I knew what I was doing.
I arrived at the block of flats, walked up my flight of steps, pulled out my key, and unlocked the door.

"You want to come in?" I asked
Robert nodded.

I opened the door, and Robert walked in. I shut the door behind me.
I rummaged through my fridge, and pulled out 2 bottles of wine.
I wanted to just have a chat, nothing more.
I poured Robert a glass of wine, then myself.
We started talking, then it started to go into a more deep conversation. Which was nice, but hard to talk about.

"Why'd you move to London?" Robert asked
"I looked around and realized there was nothing, keeping me there" I cried

It was true, it didn't feel like home. Especially, with my Mum's fella and my dad passing away. It felt like the other half of me was gone.
It felt like my whole world come crashing down.
The moment I found out, he was gone.
That's when I knew, I had to make drastic changes.

"Didn't you and your mum get along?" asked Robert
"We got along, until her new boyfriend came along" I cried
"What happened? If you don't mind me asking" Robert asked
"He urmmm, he-I- urmmm- like-I-"

Robert paused.
I kept stuttering, I didn't know whether it was the alcohol or just me in general.
I didn't like deep conversations, I always bottled things up, because I thought nobody cared about my feelings.
The only person who did, was Millie.
And she's up Hastings.

"If you don't want to tell me, it's okay" Robert cried

Robert grabbed my hand, I felt a warm, fuzzy feeling inside my chest. It felt nice. Enjoying somebody's company was lovely.
But enjoying your own, is even more better.
I took a deep breath.

"When I was 14, my Mum's fella was drunk, he used to go out and stay out all hours of the morning. My mum was asleep, and he come home at 3.
He came up to my bedroom. He used to fill the room with his intoxicating breath, and the smell of alcohol filled the room, his breath lured over me.
He pulled the cover down slowly, I went to scream, but put his hand over my mouth to make me less unconscious." I replied

Robert was still listening, and still had hold of my hand. He was so comforting, and the amount of people listening to my child hood story would've left my house by now.

"He slowly pulled my trousers down, and then pulled his down. He started to slowly penetrate me, over and over again. He didn't stop. He never did. He done it every night, until I became an adult and said no. I told my mum, a couple months later, and my mum didn't believe me. Once I had enough money, I decided to move to London to get away from it all" I cried

The tears kept rolling down my face, they wouldn't stop. I felt emotions pour out of me, I couldn't help myself. It was so hard to keep all of this in.
I've never faced my problems, I've just ran away from them.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Katie" Robert replied
"It's okay" I replied
"So where's your dad?" Robert asked
"He passed away a year ago, fighting for this country" I answered

Robert looked shocked, he probably didn't think I went through all of this. But I did, It made me the women I am today. I'm a strong arse women, and I will continue to be.

"I lost my whole world that day, my dad was my rock, he never let me down. He would always put me first" I cried

Robert smiled, and continued on listening. It was nice that he was listening to my problems, and I could talk to him about anything.

"So why did you break up with your ex?" Robert asked

"He cheated on me with Miah" I replied

"Why did you make up with her?" Robert answered

"Because she don't know that I know, he cheated on me with her. All I know is that it was 'some girl' " I responded

"Oh, I get you" Robert said

22:40pm

Robert walked towards the door, and I decided to see him out.
It felt good to get all of my feelings out.
I had never told anybody about my Mum's bf, ex, or why I moved to London in the first place.
But tonight I did.

Robert turned around and looked at me, I didn't know what he wanted, until Robert leaned in and kissed me. I felt his soft cherry lips on mine, it felt so right but so wrong.
I kissed him back, and one thing led to another.

THE REST WAS HISTORY...